Star I
System:
Battery or AC:
Model:
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Where can I get the Caddy and cable to fit a drive into the second drive bay? Looks like I need a ribbon cable of some kind.
8 REPLIES 8

AnthonyLee_ASUS
Rising Star I
Hi @adski if your laptop only comes with M.2 SSD, it doesn't support installing second hard disk. Thank you!

ZT-8bfee4e8
Star I
I have just bought the same laptop - quote from the seller's website "A dual-storage design with up to a 512GB PCIe® SSD and 1TB HDD gives you the perfect combination of large storage capacity and fast data read/write speeds." Ebuyer.com
The same quote is on a number of sellers' sites so they can only have got this from ASUS!! I'd post the direct links but as a new user I'm not allowed
laptopsdirect.co.uk
"A dual-storage design with up to a 512GB PCIe SSD and 1TB HDD gives you the perfect combination of large storage capacity and fast data read/write speeds. "

from Amazon
"Store more, do more ASUS A509 has a dual storage design to give you the benefits of superfast data performance and a large storage capacity. Install apps on the SSD for quicker response and loading times, and use the HDD to store large files such as movies, music libraries, and photo albums. "
I bought this because of that feature and I even confirmed with the seller what type of drive I would need. I will be sending it back!!!

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello kkjfd,
There are different version of this model.
Please kindly confirmed it with your seller.
Thank you.

ZT-8bfee4e8
Star I
Blake_ASUS

Hello kkjfd,

There are different version of this model.

Please kindly confirmed it with your seller.

Thank you.

View post
All three sellers quoted A509JA - the first quoted was my seller!