This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone does not charge after constant REVERSE CHARGING POP UP

Juan_Felipe
Star I
I have the ASUS ZenFone Max Pro (M2), and it was constantly showing the pop up(every 3 seconds). tryied seeing is the system was updated, which it was, and tryied the safety mode without any success. Did nothing wierd, just put to charge again and now it does not even charge. please help
3 REPLIES 3

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Juan Felipe
Thank you for your asking. Please refer to the link as similar issue.
fayazbachir

Hello,

I have reverse charging issues, on my ZenFone max pro M2, it keeps appearing although the charges is at 100% . I have tried to wipe cash partition, boot normally, switch off and on. The pop up disappears only when the charge is plugged in, its like using a desktop at the end with this mobile.

Anyone has a solution ?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Regards

Reverse charging pop-up

If your issue still remain after try the suggestion in the thread. Please provide me the issue detail there. Furthermore, if using the phone is quite urgent for you, kindly try following steps to access recovery mode.
1. Keep pressing "volume down key"
2. Press "power key" and stop press " power key" once you feel the vibration
3. Still keep pressing "volume down key" and stop press "volume down key" once you enter [Android Recovery] Screen
4. Choose "Wipe data/factory reset"
#Hardware Reset Guide
[ZenFone] How to do hardware reset on your phone? | Official Support | ASUS Global*Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

Juan_Felipe
Star I
Hello Christine,
I have had previously checked the indicated thread without any success. I have also done the fctory reset but my phones still does NOT charge normally. I have noticed that it does charge when the phone is power is off, and if I turn it on without unplugging it still works. nevertheless, once I unplugg it, it will not charge unless I turn off my phone. I really hope you can help me.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Juan
Thank you for your reply. How old is your battery?
Since you have done the factory reset and the situation remain the same, please bring your device for battery checking at ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
If it is impossible to access the service center during Covid-19 period, please try Call us: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs