This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen stops accepting touches by finger after using stylus

System: Windows 10 1909
Battery or AC: Happens on battery and on AC
Model: Asus Zenbook Flip 14 (UM462DA, Ryzen 5)
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Already done twice, one by me and one by the Asus center themselves
Screenshot or video: I can take a video if needed
========================
Detailed description:After writing with the stylus, my Zenbook would stop accepting any input from my finger for about a second. This unresponsiveness is very frustrating, especially when drawing since you will need to use your fingers to zoom often.
Please do not dismiss this as a 'function'. The folks at the HP community have reported the same issue and HP has delivered a software update to fix it. Here is their discussion: youtu. be/laLYqBeHqDs (please remove the space to connect the link as I do not have yet the permission to post links). The issue I face on my Zenbook is exactly the same as what the HP users experience.
What a great inconvenience it is for all of us touch screen users! Please give us a fix Asus.
9 REPLIES 9

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello mahendras11235,
Yes, a video would be very helpful, please kindly provide.
Also, which brand and model is your stylus pen, our ASUS pen?
Thank you.

Hi Blake.
Here's a video: youtu.=be/qU3YbLftHqw (please remove the "="). I couldn't upload the video through the forum because of the size limit. Yes, I am using the Asus Pen that came with the laptop.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello mahendras11235,
Thank you so much.
I have reported this issue.
May you double check if your BIOS, Windows and drivers are all up to date as well?
ASUS ZenBook Flip 14 UM462DA Driver & Tools | 2-in-1 PCs | ASUS GlobalThank you again.

Hi Blake.
Thank you too.
Yes, I have the latest updates.