This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this normal?

Not applicable
My battery percentage charged 3% as soon as i plugged in my charger. I observed it and i have a ss on my accu battery. Please tell me if i should be worried or not.
screenshot-20200622-180158655.jpg
As you can see the battery charged 3% in 0 min. It was 55% before and suddenly it jumped to 58%.
19 REPLIES 19

Vamp
Zen Master I
Dude to be honest, stop using application which people back in 2010 thought were useful but to be honest they weren't useful or reliable. They just consume battery and run in the background and to the date they aren't reliable...

Not applicable
Vamp

Dude to be honest, stop using application which people back in 2010 thought were useful but to be honest they weren't useful or reliable. They just consume battery and run in the background and to the date they aren't reliable...

View post
Okay? But this doesnt explain how my mobile charged 3% as soon as i plugged it in, does it?

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/91227#Comment_91227

Okay? But this doesnt explain how my mobile charged 3% as soon as i plugged it in, does it?

View post

The 3% is not worrying at all considering it's hyper-charged. A phone with almost 0% can hyper-charge to 100% at just over an hour. It's actually very impressive too.
On another note with another phone like Samsung S20 or/and Hwawei, I was impressed too with it's speedy wireless charge. If ASUS decides to take on wireless charging, it will benefit as the world is becoming ever wireless. I can be impressed by technology these days but hey, hello world to digital world!
Vamp is right about not to rely on these apps which helps you save battery juice. It is designed to help you monitor but not to gain battery. If you do really want to save battery, regular clean up of processes you don't use and prevent auto start-up apps from running is also a great alternative to like AccuBattery. The other downside to AccuBattery is it cannot see apps that run in the background as part of the system. For example, no launcher, which is constantly being used - although I might be wrong because I haven't used these apps since my first smart phone.
One slight issue I am seeing though, I recommend to probably look at use Battery Care that comes with the phone so it doesn't overcharge your phone. Each time your phone discharges by let say 3%, your phone charger will charge that 3% adding the number of charge cycles. With Battery Care, it will calculate how much time for it to charge to 100% and space the charge so you're not over doing it.
The screenshot being provided is saying you are disconnecting and charging too often. This will have negative impact on the battery as 1) it will cause unneccessary wear and tear on the USB-C ports 2) the life of battery will come shorter quickly.

Not applicable
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/91228#Comment_91228

The 3% is not worrying at all considering it's hyper-charged. A phone with almost 0% can hyper-charge to 100% at just over an hour. It's actually very impressive too.

On another note with another phone like Samsung S20 or/and Hwawei, I was impressed too with it's speedy wireless charge. If ASUS decides to take on wireless charging, it will benefit as the world is becoming ever wireless. I can be impressed by technology these days but hey, hello world to digital world!

Vamp is right about not to rely on these apps which helps you save battery juice. It is designed to help you monitor but not to gain battery. If you do really want to save battery, regular clean up of processes you don't use and prevent auto start-up apps from running is also a great alternative to like AccuBattery. The other downside to AccuBattery is it cannot see apps that run in the background as part of the system. For example, no launcher, which is constantly being used - although I might be wrong because I haven't used these apps since my first smart phone.

One slight issue I am seeing though, I recommend to probably look at use Battery Care that comes with the phone so it doesn't overcharge your phone. Each time your phone discharges by let say 3%, your phone charger will charge that 3% adding the number of charge cycles. With Battery Care, it will calculate how much time for it to charge to 100% and space the charge so you're not over doing it.

The screenshot being provided is saying you are disconnecting and charging too often. This will have negative impact on the battery as 1) it will cause unneccessary wear and tear on the USB-C ports 2) the life of battery will come shorter quickly.

View post
I am monitoring my battery by the app and i am aware it does not in any way affect my battery life in a positive way. The average charge of 1% is 45 seconds and it charged 3% as soon as i plugged in my charger which is strange. Explain this.