This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Both charging ports not charging - ROG 2

Miguelito
Star I
Just yesterday my rog phone 2 side charging port wont charge or will not accept my charger in not sure which, but definitely not charging on both ports.

The lower left charging port have not charge for a while that started sometime after updated to A10, but i didnt mind i still have 1 more port to charge with.
Still using the original charger 30W.
Your kind assistance needed.
Email: migzcasas@gmail.com
9 REPLIES 9

OPC
Zen Master II
In my case it was the cable. Couldn't charge on both ports. If you have constant connection and disconnection when you plug in the cable (the charging icon comes and goes all the time when you move the cable in the port), then it's a great chance the cable is the problem.

Miguelito
Star I
OPC

In my case it was the cable. Couldn't charge on both ports. If you have constant connection and disconnection when you plug in the cable (the charging icon comes and goes all the time when you move the cable in the port), then it's a great chance the cable is the problem.

View post
Hello,
It did not occur to me first that its because of the cable. The time the lower left charging port stopped charging, the side port was still charging as normal. Then finally side port stopped eventually. Well i think you're right about the cable, just tested it on other devise and it did not charge.
Whats odd is if there was a problem with wire, why did it stop charging on the lower left first and then the side port. Why not stop charging on both at the same time. Thats just me 😁😁😁.

OPC
Zen Master II
Miguelito

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/91103#Comment_91103

Hello,

It did not occur to me first that its because of the cable. The time the lower left charging port stopped charging, the side port was still charging as normal. Then finally side port stopped eventually. Well i think you're right about the cable, just tested it on other devise and it did not charge.

Whats odd is if there was a problem with wire, why did it stop charging on the lower left first and then the side port. Why not stop charging on both at the same time. Thats just me 😁😁😁.

View post
In my case the problem was in connectors inside the metal jack of the cable. So just a little left or right or up-side down could make the connection. I confirmed it by plugging that side of the cable into the charger and connection would in that case got lost at the charger and not the phone. The wire itself is fine🙂

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Miguelito Have you had a chance to test with another cable? Just want to make sure you're problem is solved.