Quarter
Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Grey lines and green flicker on webcam when using AC power
Model: UX533FD
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

Last edited by Quarter on 2019/12/9 09:37 As described above, the webcam image has grey lines and occasional green flickers. This only occurs when AC power is plugged in, everything works perfectly when using battery. I have removed and re-installed drivers with no success. This is a brand new laptop that I removed from the box yesterday. I see that there are two other questions with the same issue, but no answer has been provided. Is this a hardware issue and do I need to return my laptop or is there a software fix?
294 REPLIES 294

ZT-2743b238
Star I
Yes, I'm having the same problem, too. Brand new StudioBook W730G5TV running BIOS 205. Please PM for serial number. Thank you.

bruvilardi
Star I
Hello @Blake_ASUS , I have recently purchased a VivoBook 15 X512FJ.303 and have this same problem of the grey lines flickering and green screen blinking occassionaly when I use the webcam with the power connector on. Can you show me the steps to fix this issue?

TerAn
Star I
TerAn

HI @Blake_ASUS

My ZenBook Pro Duo UX581G has green flicks on webcam. Please send me a link for BIOS update. Thanks!

View post
Thank you very much! The BIOS update fixed the problem.

Hi, same issue for me. Model is VivoBook X512FAY Signature Edition.

Hi @Blake_ASUS, you seem to be helping lots of people here. I have the same problem with my ASUS VivoBook S15 15.6" Laptop - Silver (Intel Core i7-8565U/512GB SSD/16GB RAM/Windows 10).
Can you also please send me the solution? I would really appreciate it!