This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 3 with stable Android 10 MEANS.......

Dkz89
Star III
If rog 3 able to launch with stable A10 mean it is not a problem for developer to give rog 2 stable A10 right ? Unless they plan to become like apple who update their phone to make thing worse so the consumer will buy the latest rog 3 ?? Hmmmm something fishy going on
8 REPLIES 8

rp115640
Star III
tl;dr: We are just being ignored, or placed at the lower priority.

As mentioned. Your concern, or our concern, happened before.
When Rog Phone 2 was released in 2019 with a stable A9, Rog Phone was struggling to get a stable A9 after the release of Rog Phone 2.
When Rog Phone 2 is being implemented with a rather unstable A10 in early 2020, Rog Phone is pretty much entering the obsoleted phase.
So presently, in the mid 2020, we know that Rog Phone 3 is gonna be released. Most probably during Q4 2020.
Judging by this trend of releases of announcements, the products and OS updates. It's no suprise to experience Deja Vu.
With that in mind, making sense or not don't matter anymore. Because it is clear that Asus don't care about released products, much less "old" products. Even if they do "care", the older products are never their priority.
Despite that, I don't think I've seen any reports from anyone on planned obsolescence being observed with the Rog Phone, yet.
So, I don't think it will be similar to the Apple situation that you've mentioned, where the company deliberately inject issues to the consumer's product, rendering it functioning improperly. But more of a "I care about our future potential customers much more than our existing customers" situation.
But if you think about it, Asus sure play their marketing strategy well for this product line. Just look at the 4 P's. It's doing so well. But yes, they totaly ignore the retention part of marketing. They know that we are suckers. Just look at the anticipations despite that complains.
With all these in mind. No, we probably won't be getting a stable A10, and it will be a privilege if Rog Phone 2 users can even get a A11 in future. The coming Rog Phone 3 will face the same issue that we are facing right now.

Praj
Rising Star I

Cenimm
Rising Star I
Asus don't care about the community and if something is wrong it's because we are doing something wrong or it's the app or game that's bad... This is so sad I will give this crap up..and go for a community where the atleast have dev that's know what they do and get things working and not make less funktion and makes everything just one big bug!

rp115640
Star III
Alright, the latest comment just jolt my memory. Well, I got nothing good to say, but here goes.
When Rog Phone 2 was released back in 2019. Asus had to apologize for not meeting demands. Some 10,000 units were all sold out in a few minutes at launch. All these 10,000 units are part of the 2.5 million reservation made in the chinese market alone.
Presently, you can hardly find new stocks lying around accumulating dusts. Hardly, but not impossible. But in contrast to Asus's competitors, that's a situation to reckon with.
So, how many people are can we see complaining about this product? Not even a fraction to the aforementioned number in the chinese market alone. But I admit, I don't visit every single existing forums to check for complains. But for those that I've visited, like this official forum, reddit and hardwarezone just to name a few. Not a significant number. Do note that I'm looking at how many people are complaining, not how many complains have an individual made.
Considering this, we are essentially nothing to the eye of the company. They would rather focus all resources for the coming product based on A10 API, waiting for the next 2.5 million reservations, rather than putting significant resources adjusting the existing products that are based on a soon-to-be obsoleted API.