This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 10 Gestures and third party launchers

Casper
Star III
Google added support for third part launchers to work together with the new gesture navigation in the December update.
This support doesn't seem to have made it into the latest Zenfone 6 firmware?
Action launcher is confirmed to have implemented support. Users report updates to Lawnchair and Microsoft launcher also seem to add support for the gestures, though not explicitly stated anywhere. None of them work on the Zenfone 6. The gesture option simply stays greyed out unless the Asus launcher is set as default.

Is there any word on this? I REALLY like the new gestures, but simply cannot give up Smart launcher.
7 REPLIES 7

Mayendra
Rising Star II
_jis_

ZF6 needs to be updated to the latest Android 10 codebase to support new A10 gestures.

So far only Pixel phones are compatible, hence Asus isn't alone who doesn't support them yet.

View post
CH_ASUS

There's no word on this yet but we'll forward the request to the devs.

View post
and please support bubbles notification and free form windows that arrive with Android 10

Casper
Star III
This is still a problem!!
I want to use custom launchers and new android gestures, but using one STILL disables the other!
Lots of launchers have already added support, but the ROM just cannot detect it because the update from google isn't being implemented! Why?!

gilsolomon79
Star I
Why you ask, because Asus are a well known shit company who doesn't really care about it's customers. This is a will known fact across their entire product line.