This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Twinview dock forces reboot loop after phone update

erlan_jo
Star I
I've been using my twinview dock fine for months, but after the last phone sw update (details in attached image) connecting the twinview dock will cause the phone to reboot and force it into a reboot loop that only stops after the dock is disconnected. Putting the phone in the dock doesn't seem to do anything, it's when I flip the switch om the back of the dock that the reboot loop starts. I don't know what to do (other than not use the dock and hope a patch fixes this), it's not like I can try upgrading the dock FW or anything...
screenshot-20200619-161736370.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

erlan_jo
Star I
Tried with a friend's phone now too, he's got the Strix version (mine is the standard one). Same problem, freezes a few seconds after flipping the dock switch and then reboots. He's got all updates too.

Cenimm
Rising Star I
erlan_jo

I've been using my twinview dock fine for months, but after the last phone sw update (details in attached image) connecting the twinview dock will cause the phone to reboot and force it into a reboot loop that only stops after the dock is disconnected. Putting the phone in the dock doesn't seem to do anything, it's when I flip the switch om the back of the dock that the reboot loop starts. I don't know what to do (other than not use the dock and hope a patch fixes this), it's not like I can try upgrading the dock FW or anything...

screenshot-20200619-161736370.jpg

Twinview dock forces reboot loop after phone update
Mine starts but nothing works on the extra screen. ( everything looks weird.)

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@erlan_jo Thanks for the detailed description. I'd like to get a device log from you to investigate further. I've sent a PM.
@Cenimm Can you send us a picture of how the screen looks?

Cenimm
Rising Star I
Gustav_ASUS

@erlan_jo Thanks for the detailed description. I'd like to get a device log from you to investigate further. I've sent a PM.

@Cenimm Can you send us a picture of how the screen looks?

View post
I don't know easy way to take screenshot but I think it's not built to use other launchers now.. I use Microsoft launcher and it worked before latest update.