Touchpad UM462DA S/NK9N0CX152859390

edited September 30 in 2-in-1
  1. System: Win10
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model: UM462DA
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

The touchpad of this laptop behaves erraticaly and jumps all over the screen highlighting things at random and is unuseable.

There have been many posts in the old forum which have now been deleted very conveniently by ASUS. Here is one example of my post that has been deleted and never had a reply from @Blake_ASUS. All the replies to users were given by PM so that no other user could use the solution. I have now had a reply from service centre recommending to change the BIOS: I have done that a long time ago and the problem continues. I found a workaround by downgrading the driver in WIN10 Device manager.

WHERE ARE ALL THE OLD POSTS GONE? WE HAVE BEEN CHEATED BY ASUS!!!

=========Hi Blake_ASUS, this must seem like a nightmare to you: on this forum https://www.asus.com/zentalk/in/thread-252627-1-1.html

your guys did NOT find a solution and the thread was closed without any reply from you. Is this going to happen to this thread too?? I would like to tell the users and community of this dishonest method of selling laptops by ASUS and then pretending they repair them or promise firmware(????) for a touchpad. Ludicrous and not a good way of keeping the poor performance of ASUS laptops hidden from the public and other customers.

Comments

• I CANNOT POST LINKS BECAUSE ASUS HAS TAKEN AWAY MY GRADE FROM OLD FORUM!

SO look at this old forum discussion and tell me what to do or how to solve this issue:

• See they have downgraded me from Level 2 to Level 1 and I lost my profile and badges

• Hello alfredovogel,

Please refer to the new forum guide below

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/5201

As I mentioned before, touchpad issue is dealt model by model, case by case.

And we did not receive any similar case for your model.

Please stop mixing things together as you did in the old forum.

I'm sorry that I'm not able to give more suggestion with only your complaints.

Please provide a video of "how your finger is moving on the touchpad and how the pointer is reacting on the screen"

and more detail description of where, when, how the issue occurred.

Or you may send your device to service center and let me know your RMA number.

Then I can ask our technical support to examine on it.

Thank you.

• My complain is not unique. I do not mix up everything. My posts in old forum were not the only ones. My model is UM463 but when checked in bios it is UX463! Your suggestion of video of finger and screen is unreasonable and typical of not trying to find a solution. The cursor moves even without me touching the touchpad . How does one video finger and screen?? ASUS is looking into my issue. I cannot live without laptop for personal reasons. I close this issue here in forum since moderators are changing my status without reason! Thanks and good luck with new forum.

• Hello alfredovogel,

I'm sorry that we can not reach a consensus.

If anytime in the future, you would like to let go of your own "issue solving process", which did not help at all so far,

and cooperate with us, respecting how technical support solves touchpad issue,

I am always glad to help you.

The video needs to contain the touchpad and the pointer at the same time, that's it, if your finger is not on it, fine.

Thank you.

• I have resolved my issues of the touchpad by putting an antistatic shield between the batterry and the touchpad. This has removed the jumping of cursor completely. If anybody wants to know how to do it send me a PM and I give you instructions.

Mr Moderator, please do not remove this posting as it was done to other posts of mine.

• I can also report for the benefit of other users that the problem has disappeared in Manjaro Linux after configuring the touchpad. This means that the issue is a combination of driver and hardware. That may explain the lack of solutions for this issue in the forum. If anybody wishes to try the static shield approach, send a private message (if allowed)

I am happy now.😀😉

• Hiya, hopefully my last report back here.

I have been using my touchpad now for one month in Windows 10 and Manjaro Linux with perfect behaviour in both OS.

The solution is a correct driver and an anti static shield between battery and touchpad. I basically made a sandwich of an kitchenfoil (aluminium) between two very thin layers of plastic and placed it under the touchpad and made sure that a bit of the foil touched the outer casing via one of the small screws. A perfect solution.

Drawback is I have lost the warranty since I opened the laptop. But I was going to do that anyway to put a larger SSD in it.

Thanks for any help I got via this forum: the idea of a screen is not mine but somebody else mentioned it and I followed it up and solved the problem. If anybody needs to do this PM me and I give you the exact guidance to solve this issue: THANK YOU....😉😎

• anstalkanstalk Level 1

The solution is a correct driver and an anti static shield between battery and touchpad. I basically made a sandwich of an kitchenfoil (aluminium) between two very thin layers of plastic and placed it under the touchpad and made sure that a bit of the foil touched the outer casing via one of the small screws. A perfect solution.

This discussion has been closed.