This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Stock ROM Not Working?

elias888
Star II

Model Name: Zenfone Max Pro M2 ASUS_X01BDA (ZB631KL-4D103TW)
Firmware Version: OPM1.WW_Phone-15.2016.1902.192-20190226
Rooted or not: not rooted, bootloader unlocked - yes
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Can't re-install stock ROM
========================================
A. I tried installing LineageOS tonight: booted into TWRP recovery, wiped everything, tried to sideload LineageOS but said my firmware was too old (Said I needed at least 16.2017.1905.065)
B. Now I'm trying to go back to stock android ROM, so I can update the firmware.
C. Downloaded the file UL-ASUS_X01BD-WW-16.2017.2005.092-user.zip from ASUS website.
D. Booted into TWRP, tried to use 'adb sideload UL-ASUS_X01BD-WW-16.2017.2005.092-user.zip' to load stock ROM but I get the error:
"E3004: This package is for "ASUS_X01BD" devices: this is a "X01BD".
I also tried puting the zip file into / directory, and rebooting. That didn't work.
So now I have a phone with no operating system, stuck in fastboot/TWRP.
====
Any suggestions how to get stock ROM back on the Zenphone? Thank you.
15 REPLIES 15

vckanandvpp
Rising Star II
kprsnt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/90237#Comment_90237

Try Paranoid android rom u will definitely love it if u don't want any customisation

Unofficial lineage 17.1 by rk also too good

View post
I like ROM which has no GApps included. It will consume less of our data for download. HAVOC ROM size is about 700 mb and I am installing Gapps manually. That's why I preferred it. Monthly updates and best customised rom especially Smart charging makes it my most favourite