This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double tap to sleep on games

mr_strange
Rising Star II
I found the double tap to sleep gesture is annoying whole playing games as sometimes it goes to sleep when i try to pull the notification bar down. Is there any way by which i could turn this feature of only while gaming? Why game genie doesn't have the feature? It would be great if there is a option to turn off double tap on the notification bar alone atleast.
5 REPLIES 5

chaithanya_gcha
Rising Star I
mr.strange

I found the double tap to sleep gesture is annoying whole playing games as sometimes it goes to sleep when i try to pull the notification bar down. Is there any way by which i could turn this feature of only while gaming? Why game genie doesn't have the feature? It would be great if there is a option to turn off double tap on the notification bar alone atleast.

Double tap to sleep on games
I think Double tap to sleep gesture only "works on Home screen".

Monark
Zen Master I
VS-KR

As soon as the double tap is enabled (Settings -> Gestures), your screen is turned off when you double tap on the home screen or on the status bar (if it's displayed).

It would be rightful if we request an option to disable the double tap on the status bar.

View post
Yeah it will be good.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
This function is part of Google AOSP (Android Open Source Project). We can add switches for a lot of features that some find useful and that some do not. We don't want to change too much and when we do, it needs to be necessary. Not enough users have mentioned this as an issue. The easiest fix is for you to swipe differently. I'm sure you can find a technique that works without triggering the tap function

mr_strange
Rising Star II
chaithanya.gchaithanya.g

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/30716/double-tap-to-sleep-on-games

I think Double tap to sleep gesture only "works on Home screen".

View post
No. It works even if you press the status bar