cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen issue on the Zenfone 5z

dominic_daryl
Star I
img-20200617-001933.jpg
Does anyone have the same screen issue as mine? It only happened when my phone have been on for a couple of hours(even when the screen is not in use)
6 REPLIES 6

Nik01993
Star I
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/90505#Comment_90505

This is not software issue excess use of phone at higher brightness causes this screen retention read this 👇

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/89630#Comment_89630

Also it is not permenant problem so try not to use phone for few hours and always use dark mode everywhere in system this burn in or screen retention will automatically dissappear dont worry 😊

View post
I have been using my phone in dark mode since day 1 it got introduced in Android 10 ... The device rests at 46% brightness level most of the times ...
Additionally this device is not dropped or nor mishandled ...
But out of nowhere after the update i start to see chrome menus flying on the top even after closing the app.
Yes I understand that this is screen retention and not screen burn but it can be tweaked with software as well so a bug or slight change in config may have caused this issue in the first place.
I am not denying your solutions but the reasons of not using phone for sometime is *lame* this is hardware which is made to function and not using the device for few hours does not justify the service I paid for, It's like someone telling you don't unbox the product after you purchase it -_- !

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Nik01993

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/90546#Comment_90546

I have been using my phone in dark mode since day 1 it got introduced in Android 10 ... The device rests at 46% brightness level most of the times ...

Additionally this device is not dropped or nor mishandled ...

But out of nowhere after the update i start to see chrome menus flying on the top even after closing the app.

Yes I understand that this is screen retention and not screen burn but it can be tweaked with software as well so a bug or slight change in config may have caused this issue in the first place.

I am not denying your solutions but the reasons of not using phone for sometime is *lame* this is hardware which is made to function and not using the device for few hours does not justify the service I paid for, It's like someone telling you don't unbox the product after you purchase it -_- !

View post
I totally understand and want to tell you i faced this issue alot in .70 but after .87 latest firmware for me this retention is automatically invisible so i think they had worked on it and tweaked retention problem in .87
I feel you have no option than to give some time for display to adjust itself as it is lcd panel every panel can face this problem and also i belive that for you as well rentention will totally be invisble after some time
Thankyou😊