cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen issue on the Zenfone 5z

dominic_daryl
Star I
img-20200617-001933.jpg
Does anyone have the same screen issue as mine? It only happened when my phone have been on for a couple of hours(even when the screen is not in use)
6 REPLIES 6

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
dominic.daryl

img-20200617-001933.jpg

Does anyone have the same screen issue as mine? It only happened when my phone have been on for a couple of hours(even when the screen is not in use)

Screen issue on the Zenfone 5z
Screen burn can happen on LCD mobile screens, although it’s rare and more difficult to fix since LCD pixels work very different from OLED versions. When screen burn happens on an LCD screen, the results are more likely permanent. However, you can still try using LCD Burn-In Wiper, which cycles colors similar to the OLED versions in an effort to get the pixels working again.
If your screen doesn’t get any better, contact your nearest asus service centre quickly to find out about any screen warranties and if you qualify for a replacement.

Few troubleshoothings or workarounds :-
Get rid of menu, status, and navigation bars: Image retention can happen when you are actively using an app that has a permanent bar for tools or notifications, like when you’re playing a game or watching a movie, for example. When these bars don’t disappear, they cause screen burn after long sessions. Look for options to hide these icons and tools after a moment so they aren’t always present. Immersive modes from OS will also do this.
Enable dark mode: 
While it’s not a guarantee against image retention, using dark mode on your mobile device can help reduce the risk, particularly when it comes to overusing brightness levels. You can also try choosing dark keyboard skins.
Thankyou😊

Nik01993
Star I
It started to happen with me after the recent update.
Same thing is happening how can multiple devices be affected at the same time?
This was not there before and I am sure about that noticed it the day after the update but ignored but right now it is increasing ....
Basically Chrome Tab List is the one which I can too see for the longest 😞
Don't know what is happening ... In case a screen needs to be replaced can someone we should be prepared ... can someone help with the cost needed to get the screen replaced at authorised service center for Azus Zenfone 5Z?

Nik01993
Star I
See this ... Previously people have faced it due to Software Update same is the case with me too 😞
Here it is : https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/26002/zenfone-5z-burn-in-screen-retention

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Nik01993

It started to happen with me after the recent update.

Same thing is happening how can multiple devices be affected at the same time?

This was not there before and I am sure about that noticed it the day after the update but ignored but right now it is increasing ....

Basically Chrome Tab List is the one which I can too see for the longest 😞

Don't know what is happening ... In case a screen needs to be replaced can someone we should be prepared ... can someone help with the cost needed to get the screen replaced at authorised service center for Azus Zenfone 5Z?

View post
This is not software issue excess use of phone at higher brightness causes this screen retention read this 👇
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/30535/screen-issue-on-the-zenfone-5z

Screen burn can happen on LCD mobile screens, although it’s rare and more difficult to fix since LCD pixels work very different from OLED versions. When screen burn happens on an LCD screen, the results are more likely permanent. However, you can still try using LCD Burn-In Wiper, which cycles colors similar to the OLED versions in an effort to get the pixels working again.

If your screen doesn’t get any better, contact your nearest asus service centre quickly to find out about any screen warranties and if you qualify for a replacement.

• Few troubleshoothings or workarounds :-

Get rid of menu, status, and navigation bars: Image retention can happen when you are actively using an app that has a permanent bar for tools or notifications, like when you’re playing a game or watching a movie, for example. When these bars don’t disappear, they cause screen burn after long sessions. Look for options to hide these icons and tools after a moment so they aren’t always present. Immersive modes from OS will also do this.

• Enable dark mode: 

While it’s not a guarantee against image retention, using dark mode on your mobile device can help reduce the risk, particularly when it comes to overusing brightness levels. You can also try choosing dark keyboard skins.

Thankyou😊

View post
Also it is not permenant problem so try not to use phone for few hours and always use dark mode everywhere in system this burn in or screen retention will automatically dissappear dont worry 😊