This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 (12/512) Freezes and Auto Restart Problem

Jerel
Star I
Help... ..,my phone suddenly freezes from time to time especially while playing. (less than 2 hours of playing)
Back, home and recent buttons doesn't work and then auto restarts after 1 min of hung time.
Settings are mostly default (60 hz refresh rate, X-mode off, system lighting off) but still builds up heat fast even after only 1 game of asphalt.
Thinking of going to Factory Reset the phone or try to actually ask the ROG concept store to replace the unit of the problem still exist.
113 REPLIES 113

mayurkothiya12
Star III
Same issue with me afterast update my rog restarted 3 times

OPC
Zen Master II
koi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/88956#Comment_88956

I havent downgraded yet cause the lastest update reduced the issue a bit yeah. I can now play Mobile Legends as long as i want without shutting down as long as it is set to the lowest settings with x mode on still at the lowest setting and only at 60hz. Anything higher on those setting will shutdown. That's an improvement in the latest Update.

Still, even at xmode's lowest settings, Asphalt and Grid Autosport shuts down...

And ASUS havent found that A10 Bug yet?

Asked my seller and they said, it will take 3 months to and from china to get this fixed...

I really wanted to be sure that this isnt a software issue, because come'on ASUS, that's 3 months and who knows what, because of Covid, it could take a lot longer!

Continuously charge on 12W fast charger. Wont work if anything higher than that.

View post
You could be facing a hardware issue. In my case all issues with A10 are now gone (after multiple cleanings and one factory reset and 2 latest updates). My charging issue has been resolved with a new cable (not original). I can play and charge fast without any issue. My phone passes antutu with flying colours. And Asphalt 9 never crashes while playing. It can crash while opening ads or when they have server issues. But then also my teammates have issues on other phones. I don't play other games.

sanjith097
Star II
Jerel

Help... ..,my phone suddenly freezes from time to time especially while playing. (less than 2 hours of playing)

Back, home and recent buttons doesn't work and then auto restarts after 1 min of hung time.

Settings are mostly default (60 hz refresh rate, X-mode off, system lighting off) but still builds up heat fast even after only 1 game of asphalt.

Thinking of going to Factory Reset the phone or try to actually ask the ROG concept store to replace the unit of the problem still exist.

ROG Phone 2 (12/512) Freezes and Auto Restart Problem
Does anyone find out a solution ???

swatantra63
Star I
Add me to the list too. Totally disappointed. It restarts and freezes even while just texting. Annoying af!

adityathorat99
Star III
Lunia

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/69888#Comment_69888

I also have the same problem where my phone shuts off when I charge it and freeze while gaming too. But now I'm facing an even bigger problem where my phone is completely frozen and unresponsive. Can't shut it off to restart or reboot, Power button not responding at all, nor was the screen too. It had been unresponsive for nearly 3 hours now and I don't know what to do. Is there any ways to reboot ROG2??? This phone is becoming more and more problematic as days pass by and I can't even go out to have it fixed.

View post
I am getting the same issue from past days. The phone gets restart automatically whole using any random app. Also it does not connect as a fast charger when plugged in. Always have to remove and plug in again for the fast charger to start. When connected to the original charger the phone starts to auto touch. Please tell new if this is hardware or software issue. This is kind of irritating for this high end device to have such issue's.