Did you mean: 

Zenfone 5z - Burn-in/Screen retention

Basic info:
Model Name: Zenfone 5Z (ZS620KL)
Firmware Version: WW-100.10.107.70
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Not applicable
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
About an year ago, when I bought my device, I noticed some kind of burn-in on the screen. I asked for help in social media groups and I was told that this situation only occurred on Amoled screens etc. Time passed and the Burn-in disappeared completely.
About 10 days ago I noticed that the problem came back with great intensity. However, it is not Burn-in as we usually see on Amoled screens, it seems to be a system bug. If I stay with the screen still for a few minutes, the next screens will show marks from my last open applications.
Interestingly, if I take a screenshot, the "shadows" will not be visible on the print. The images were recorded by a separate camera.
I already formatted, I already did cache cleaning, I keep ALL my apps updated. I don't know what to do and I ask the asus support staff for help.
My device has never been dropped, has no scratches on the screen and has never been submerged. It is as original as it should be.
AZCHYYMMLHNR.jpg
90OA5NBH8QYG.jpg
Edit: 2 more pictures
BOJRLWJGYZCQ.jpg
BNZ0GV97KC0A.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

Abhinav
Zen Master I
Till now what I know is this is screen retention. It happens to LCD displays. "Screen Retention" is temporary and happens to LCD displays. "Screen Burn" is permanent and happens to OLED displays.
Due to Bad Manufacturing Process or bad designing and construction of Phone the heat is dissipating from display side. This causing screen retention. I advise you to use your phone with minimum brightness possible. When You see screen retention don't use your phone for a while.

Nik01993
Star I
Hi same thing has started to happen with me aftert he very recent update... and some more users ... How can it start at the same time for multiple users.
Please have a look in this matter and fix it with the update.
Here it is :
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/90505#Comment_90505

Aryan202
Community Legend I
That's screen retention
Pretty normal on LCDs
Happens if you use phone at high brightness with a static image (can be game layouts or something else)
It will go away in a few hours (let the pixels rest a bit)
Plus it's only noticeable in certain UI areas (like grey) at high brightness
Btw burn in OLEDs is permanent (the pixels die) the only option is replacement
On LCDs not a biggie
One of the plus lcd panels have over OLEDs

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Screen burn can happen on LCD mobile screens, although it’s rare and more difficult to fix since LCD pixels work very different from OLED versions. When screen burn happens on an LCD screen, the results are more likely permanent. However, you can still try using LCD Burn-In Wiper, which cycles colors similar to the OLED versions in an effort to get the pixels working again.
If your screen doesn’t get any better, contact your nearest asus service centre quickly to find out about any screen warranties and if you qualify for a replacement.

Few troubleshoothings or workarounds :-
Get rid of menu, status, and navigation bars: Image retention can happen when you are actively using an app that has a permanent bar for tools or notifications, like when you’re playing a game or watching a movie, for example. When these bars don’t disappear, they cause screen burn after long sessions. Look for options to hide these icons and tools after a moment so they aren’t always present. Immersive modes from OS will also do this.
Enable dark mode: 
While it’s not a guarantee against image retention, using dark mode on your mobile device can help reduce the risk, particularly when it comes to overusing brightness levels. You can also try choosing dark keyboard skins.
Thankyou😊