Yulius_Mai
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 5z
Firmware Version: 100.10.107.70_20200320
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Please help Camera not focus, just can take near area only
P51VQU20D8FN.jpg

J8FWYM3ZXMDI.jpg

170 REPLIES 170

darkknight
Rising Star I
Has anyone tried rolling back to pie?

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi friends
As I mentioned above, I recently tested several ZenFone 5Z with WW-100.10.107.87, the firmware version you reported with issue, yet I didn't encounter any camera focus problem. To diagnose an issue more accurately, sometimes is a personal hardware issue, sometimes is a shared software issue for all, requires more essential information provided by issue reporters. Sending your device to ASUS repair center is a simple way which a pro could diagnose your device in real, but sharing your problem on the forum is a fraternal way which other people with the similar issue could quickly solve their problem, indicating the reason why many people enjoy using ZenTalk.
Therefore, kindly provide the information below so that we could better assist you.
# Firmware
Your current firmware is WW-100.10.107.87, the issue appeared from WW-100.10.107.70.
> If your device downgrade to the version before V.70, does the issue remain the same?
# Android 10 downgrade to P
Steps of Update:
1. Download the firmware to internal storage.
2. Remove Google Account.
3. Pull down the quick setting list.
4. The system will pop up a message which detected a firmware update info.
5. Execute the downgrade firmware file.
Please note that once firmware update is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

darkknight
Rising Star I
@Christine_ASUS same problem occurred on OnePlus 3/3T devices after certain software update which resulted into permanent camera failure. OnePlus declared it as a hardware manufacturing defect and repaired all phones including out of warranty phones. In case of Asus Zenfone 5z, I don't think downgrading firmware to WW-100.10.107.70 is good idea since the module is already damaged and will take blur photos afterwards. It's just waste of time. This has nothing to do with software update. Atleast we expect from Asus to repair the damaged phones without any service cost for those phones which are already out of warranty. Take your phones to Service Center guys.
(Hundreds of phones resulting into failed camera module is still a research topic for Asus team. Included thread is from OnePlus community. There are many similar threads on their forum. This thread is for representative purpose only. )
https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-3t-camera-focus-problem.843708/

Alwyn
Rising Star I
darkknight

@Christine_ASUS same problem occurred on OnePlus 3/3T devices after certain software update which resulted into permanent camera failure. OnePlus declared it as a hardware manufacturing defect and repaired all phones including out of warranty phones. In case of Asus Zenfone 5z, I don't think downgrading firmware to WW-100.10.107.70 is good idea since the module is already damaged and will take blur photos afterwards. It's just waste of time. This has nothing to do with software update. Atleast we expect from Asus to repair the damaged phones without any service cost for those phones which are already out of warranty. Take your phones to Service Center guys.

(Hundreds of phones resulting into failed camera module is still a research topic for Asus team. Included thread is from OnePlus community. There are many similar threads on their forum. This thread is for representative purpose only. )

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-3t-camera-focus-problem.843708/

View post
They don't even care now because they are releasing new flagship phones and they think people will buy. I'm not going to buy any of Asus smartphones ever again. Such ignorance and late updates on flagship phones can't be accepted. One word from the team would be much appreciated and people wouldn't get pissed off. So many people are facing the issue still no answer. Done with Asus

arun_sharma5383
Star II
I am also facing same issue with my main camera and i downgrade from Android Q to android P to validate the issue. But unfortunately no change in image quality. Main camera still capturing blurry photos after downgrade. Asus need to fix this issue as soon as possible, but on the other side i am agree with Alwyn also. It seems camera module get destroyed.