This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice over LTE/Wi-Fi Calling on ROG Phone 2

Watchers
Star I
Can anyone explain why voice over LTE isn't enabled by default on this phone? Or even Wi-fi calling? I live in an area where the 3G signal is pretty low and I miss about 90% of my calls. I found a code on XDA where I can enable the setting, but it disappears after a reboot. I've attached a screenshot that shows the setting that's enabled after the code is entered. It's the "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" Also, the Wi-Fi calling and Carrier video calling gets enabled as well. I even have a T-mobile micro tower sitting on my desk and I still miss calls.

PKF1G2I7MYNK.jpg

13 REPLIES 13

OPC
Zen Master II
This is market related. India has it. I don't know who else does but I don't have it as well. And I believe I will not have it on this phone ever. I guess we will have to live with it.

tunguturivnay
Star I
17daulat

Update ur phone. Both VoLTE and VoWIFI is working fine for me.

It's enabled in new update

DMB5CRIJMFLU.jpg

2DUOD6UYXS42.jpg

FFFOQA33CPOG.jpg

View post
OPC

This is market related. India has it. I don't know who else does but I don't have it as well. And I believe I will not have it on this phone ever. I guess we will have to live with it.

View post
Since the update I see VoWiFi only for Jio network, does it work with Airtel network too?

Daulat
Rising Star II
tunguturivnay

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/74715#Comment_74715

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/74734#Comment_74734

Since the update I see VoWiFi only for Jio network, does it work with Airtel network too?

View post
Can't say much about that don't have airtel sim.
But as u mentioned it already working fine for jio.

wayne_hbw
Star II
This is a totally Asus issues.
I'm very sure my SIM card is voLTE activate as I verified with my carrier. Using Samsung will have my voLTE work but not Asus. I had actually contacted Asus and their respond is NOT SUPPORTED for Singapore.
It's really up to their mercy to do it for us. This seems to relates to the IMS Registration. Press #*#*4636#*#*
Go to phone information. Click the top right and see under IMS Status.
Asus need to work with carrier to get Asus device to be provisioned.

dt808
Rising Star I
same problem with zenfone 6 users on t-mobile. no volte or wifi calling. i've missed several important calls and some texts and no real explanation on why they won't enable it in the US. with 2g and 3g slowly shutting down, with no volte, these phones will be pretty much useless as phones.