This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart again and again due to overheating

sanjaykrocks
Star II
From the past 1 week while playing PUBG for few minutes my phone starts to overheat and then it keeps restarting again and again. Tried factory resetting my phone and installed minimum applications but still problem continues.
23 REPLIES 23

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Does this only happen while playing PUBG?

sanjaykrocks
Star II
Yes till now it only happened while playing pubg mobile that my device was overheating and restarts but yesterday the same thing happened while I was charging my phone. I had kept my phone on charge and then I just unlocked it to check few notifications only to see that the phone was overheated and the moment I unlocked the phone it restarted itself.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
sanjaykrocks

Yes till now it only happened while playing pubg mobile that my device was overheating and restarts but yesterday the same thing happened while I was charging my phone. I had kept my phone on charge and then I just unlocked it to check few notifications only to see that the phone was overheated and the moment I unlocked the phone it restarted itself.

View post

Just for clarity, yesterday after you played PUBG(?) and then you put onto charge and only checking notifications, it restarted?
The restart seems to be coming from the overheating. When the device is too hot, it will restart to prevent further damage.
What is causing the overheating, it will depend on what you have running. Playing at high brightness can cause it to attract heat to the device. Further damage can also be done such as screen burns too. But I am guessing at the moment.
What I recommend is wait for your device has cooled down and then play again once you feel the overheating to see if you get the reboot. This is while you wait for mods here or maybe a service centre to open.

sanjaykrocks
Star II
No, I hadn't played PUBG before putting my on charge. Just that my battery was drained so I had to put it on charge. I just came to check on my phone and observed it's too hot and in just few seconds it rebooted itself.
I can make out that the problem here is overheating but all of this started just a week back, i think its happening after some android update i had received a week ago. Before that I had been playing games intensively and still the phone never let me down.