Chintan_Devgani
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus 5z
Firmware Version: Latest .87
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: sometimes
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): System UI
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
UI is Lagging/Stuttering while opening apps, closing apps, switching between the apps, opening the all app Page and swiping up and down in page, switching between Home page and Google now page after updating new .87 patch. It doesn't lag much but you can feel the lag there wasn't before this update. Sometimes apps also lags while scrolling but not much as the UI. Please look into this matter and provide solution.
34 REPLIES 34

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Please see above video ☝️Scrolling lag or stutters in latest .87 update it is related to touch please look into it
THIS HAPPENS ONLY WHILE SLOWER SCROLLS
thankyou @Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS 😊

naveenjnarayana
Star II
amitgarde3

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/H57F3V96NCCW/2020-06-18-15-31-00.mp4

Scrolling lag or stutters in latest .87 update it is related to touch please look into it

View post
Yup! What amitgarde3 said is the exact problem that I'm facing!

Abhinav
Zen Master I
amitgarde3

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/H57F3V96NCCW/2020-06-18-15-31-00.mp4

Scrolling lag or stutters in latest .87 update it is related to touch please look into it

View post
Yes when we scroll slowly ui stutters. But the same time UI frames are not consistent and randomly lags here and there.
Very tough to catch in screen recording.

Nivesh
Rising Star II
When we go back to home screen the animations are not smooth it's very laggy

victor010
Zen Master III
Hey, there can be multiple things which may cause this issue, try the below troubleshooting:
1. Check if there isn't any third party app which might have caused the device to slow down
2. Your device should have a few % of storage left as less free space on the device can cause a device to run slow
3. RAM management - there should always be adequate RAM available if the device needs to work flawlessly
4. Restart whenever you face this issue
5. Restart the device in safe mode – i. Power button hold for 2 seconds, ii. tap on the power off message which pops up on the screen, hold for few seconds it will give you an option to boot in safe mode.
6. Also, check if your device is on the latest software version.
7. If nothing work you can back up your phone & factory reset your device.