This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Stock ROM Not Working?

elias888
Star II

Model Name: Zenfone Max Pro M2 ASUS_X01BDA (ZB631KL-4D103TW)
Firmware Version: OPM1.WW_Phone-15.2016.1902.192-20190226
Rooted or not: not rooted, bootloader unlocked - yes
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Can't re-install stock ROM
========================================
A. I tried installing LineageOS tonight: booted into TWRP recovery, wiped everything, tried to sideload LineageOS but said my firmware was too old (Said I needed at least 16.2017.1905.065)
B. Now I'm trying to go back to stock android ROM, so I can update the firmware.
C. Downloaded the file UL-ASUS_X01BD-WW-16.2017.2005.092-user.zip from ASUS website.
D. Booted into TWRP, tried to use 'adb sideload UL-ASUS_X01BD-WW-16.2017.2005.092-user.zip' to load stock ROM but I get the error:
"E3004: This package is for "ASUS_X01BD" devices: this is a "X01BD".
I also tried puting the zip file into / directory, and rebooting. That didn't work.
So now I have a phone with no operating system, stuck in fastboot/TWRP.
====
Any suggestions how to get stock ROM back on the Zenphone? Thank you.
15 REPLIES 15

kprsnt
Star II
If want no customization then try PA ROM

elias888
Star II
kprsnt

Yes, u can flash

But u ended up with stock ROM

Just flash twrp from fastboot again then flash lineage

Flash firmware from this link, this zip is enough to flash lineage

View post
Ok, but I don't think the stock ROM flashing worked, or I would be able to boot into Android. It seems to hang at the ASUS logo.
So then I hold Volume Down + Power but that brings me to the recovery screen. Not sure how I can get to Fastboot mode right now.
Recovery mode has these options:
reboot system now
reboot to bootloader
apply update from ADB
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
apply update from external storage
view recovery logs
power off
root integrity check

Anyways, I'll try to get into fastboot again, and then flash that TWRP recovery firmware 92.
Thank you for all your suggestions.

kprsnt
Star II
Hold Volume up+ power button to enter fastboot mode

elias888
Star II
Ha easy. Giving you lots of "Likes" now!
You are very helpful. Thanks for helping me through this. Hope this thread helps others too. I'll update later how it goes tonight.

elias888
Star II
Update!
I got into TWRP fastboot, tried to adb sideload Lineage right away but still said I didn't have the right firmware. In Asus recovery it said I had PKQ1.16.2017.1910_071-20190920
So I sideloaded a stock ROM and it worked!
Looking in Settings - System - About Phone and it says i have build number: PKQ1.WW_Phone-16.2017.2005.092-20200518. It seems I should be good to install Lineage OS now. I just have to work up the courage to try again 😄