This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning to buy the rog phone 2 strix edition

So I was planning to buy the rog phone 2 strix edition here in the Philippines but I have read so much issues about the rog phone 2 in general. May I please ask for your opinions if it's a good buy or will I just be wasting money for a faulty device?
Thanks ahead
64 REPLIES 64

Carlo_G
Rising Star I
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/89730#Comment_89730

Go for iphone or oneplus. Please do not waste your money. Thanks.

View post
Lol oneplus sucks at FPS games. It hase latency delay on screen when i play FPS games , PUBG and COD . Inplay on my OP 7 pro. Now i sold it to buy ROG 2 and it's the best decision i had done. Best for gaming you can tweak your games performance using hardcore tuning no lags in PUBG COD. And the battery is pretty solid air triggers also is very useful. Stop ranting about the ROG 2 ofcourse it has flaws just like other phone. I also use Samsung note 10 snapdragon variant the battery sucks and COD is not constant 60 fps unlike my ROG 2 60fps always.

Carlo_G
Rising Star I
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/30539/planning-to-buy-the-rog-phone-2-strix-edition

DONT BUY IT IF YOU ARE GOING FOR GAMING! This phone is not worth calling a gaming phone. It has audio delay while recording or streaming. Pubg lags in custom rooms in pubgm and you cannot play competitive with this phone due to lag and sometimes freezing. This phone froze 2 times and it was not even responding to the power button. Thankfully i got it to restart both times and after restart it take too long to turn on too. People having issue with display and their display is burning due to heating of phone. Go for oneplus, iphone, samsung if you want good device and want to have no regrets. Dont ever buy asus specially for gaming. Developers are lazy hobos. Its been a decade since they added new features. They are fixing bugs that are not related to gaming. There are many bugs that are related to gaming but they never fix it. They fix bugs like facebook and stuff which i never experienced. They refused to fix the audio delay while recording or streaming which pisses me off the most considering it is a gaming phone with recording and streaming issue. The screen doesnt come with any protection and is easily scratched with normal usage so you will need to buy a screen protector. This phone restarts randomly, blsck screens and not turn on for few users, screen broke by putting it in pocket and much more. Search this forum for screen related issues and all the stuff. I posted suggestion way back but no one listen to me. DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE SPECIALLY IF YOU ARE A GAMER!!!!!!

View post
Lol oneplus sucks at FPS games. It hase latency delay on screen when i play FPS games , PUBG and COD . Inplay on my OP 7 pro. Now i sold it to buy ROG 2 and it's the best decision i had done. Best for gaming you can tweak your games performance using hardcore tuning no lags in PUBG COD. And the battery is pretty solid air triggers also is very useful. Stop ranting about the ROG 2 ofcourse it has flaws just like other phone. I also use Samsung note 10 snapdragon variant the battery sucks and COD is not constant 60 fps unlike my ROG 2 60fps always. Never regret getting rog strix edition

Not applicable
Carlo G

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/89737#Comment_89737

Lol oneplus sucks at FPS games. It hase latency delay on screen when i play FPS games , PUBG and COD . Inplay on my OP 7 pro. Now i sold it to buy ROG 2 and it's the best decision i had done. Best for gaming you can tweak your games performance using hardcore tuning no lags in PUBG COD. And the battery is pretty solid air triggers also is very useful. Stop ranting about the ROG 2 ofcourse it has flaws just like other phone. I also use Samsung note 10 snapdragon variant the battery sucks and COD is not constant 60 fps unlike my ROG 2 60fps always.

View post
I still have my oneplus 6 and let me tell you that it has 845 processor and still only have a few fps drops. It does not have any freezing issue or sound delay issue while recording. I already stated a reason of my shit talk if you have time you are free to read. Also if you want to record games you cannot in asus because of this sound delay and we need to use a 3rd party app to record.

Carlo_G
Rising Star I
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/90213#Comment_90213

I still have my oneplus 6 and let me tell you that it has 845 processor and still only have a few fps drops. It does not have any freezing issue or sound delay issue while recording. I already stated a reason of my shit talk if you have time you are free to read. Also if you want to record games you cannot in asus because of this sound delay and we need to use a 3rd party app to record.

View post
Lol you're using a oneplus 6 yes. I'm talking about newer oneplus phones like oneplus 7 pro with 90hz fps 855 processor that can match with ROG 2. My OP7 pro has latency touch delay same with other users search it around the internet. Let me ask you what version of ROG 2 are you ranting and experience with? The tencent version?? Because tencent version has to many bugs and it's a shit version of ROG 2 . I'm recording now with ROG 2 and it has no issues no sound delay . My global version rog 2 also has no freezing , restarting or any kind of issue that had been mention.

Not applicable
Carlo G

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/90216#Comment_90216

Lol you're using a oneplus 6 yes. I'm talking about newer oneplus phones like oneplus 7 pro with 90hz fps 855 processor that can match with ROG 2. My OP7 pro has latency touch delay same with other users search it around the internet. Let me ask you what version of ROG 2 are you ranting and experience with? The tencent version?? Because tencent version has to many bugs and it's a shit version of ROG 2 . I'm recording now with ROG 2 and it has no issues no sound delay . My global version rog 2 also has no freezing , restarting or any kind of issue that had been mention.

View post
Um i am using global version... I suggested oneplus because my previous experience with oneplus wasn't as bad as asus. Idk about newer op phones but i suggested phone based on my personal experience with oneplus. I am at latest a10 update on my rog 2.