cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone does not boot and charge, NEED URGENT HELP

aharuuuuu
Star I
win-20200617-19-31-57-pro.jpg
Model Name: Asus Zenfone Max M2 (Owned for almost 2 years)
Firmware Version: Latest version the time I post this
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime my phone full drains

This happend to me since the first time my phone fully drained (3 days after I purchased it). I DID NOT use anything to configure my phone like root.

Even after charging for hours, it still doesn't boot.
When charging
Light is red
Doesn't show the charging animation
Only shows the empty battery

I managed to charge my phone by reinserting the cable many times hoping it charges and it does work sometimes.
I'm so tired of it, I need help to fix this thing.
The time I post this, my phone is still dead.
2 REPLIES 2

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi aharuuuuu
Thank you for your asking. Kindly try some stay-at-home troubleshooting tips below:
1. Change another charger and cable
2. Could your device still be detected by the PC? If so, please try to backup your device
3. Please try following steps to access recovery mode.
Keep pressing "volume down key"> Press "power key" and stop press " power key" once you feel the vibration> Still keep pressing "volume down key" and stop press "volume down key" once you enter [Android Recovery] Screen> Choose "Wipe data/factory reset"
#Hardware Reset Guide
[ZenFone] How to do hardware reset on your phone? | Official Support | ASUS Global
If the situation remain the same, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
If it is impossible to access the service center during Covid-19 period, please try Call us: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs

x_wiktor
Star I
I also recently encountered this problem, the phone discharged to 0% and connected it but it showed the same and the animation did not show, fortunately the charger changed.