This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Phone 2 won't charge from bottom USB C port unless phone is restarted

krkaran12
Star II
I am unable to charge my phone from bottom USB C port , unless i restart my phone.
Once phone is restarted while connected to charger it detects charging from bottom USB C port.

But if i unplug and plug in again it is not detected
29 REPLIES 29

RAIDEN_
Rising Star II
You seem to have the same issue like mine , so here your bottom port is basically loosened and this is a hardware issue.
So i d suggest you to go to service centre to get it repaired asap !!
I got mine few days back where i had the same issue

krkaran12
Star II
Bottom USB Cworks fine if i reboot the phone without any change

ronkpa7
Star II
krkaran12

I am unable to charge my phone from bottom USB C port , unless i restart my phone.

Once phone is restarted while connected to charger it detects charging from bottom USB C port.

But if i unplug and plug in again it is not detected

Asus Rog Phone 2 won't charge from bottom USB C port unless phone is restarted
Yes brother same problem happened to me today, so I thought my phone's bottom port has gone bad. Then I checked on forums and Reddit. It's solved for me now after I followed ur advice and restarted the phone while the USB was connected to the bottom port. Also I was able to charge from the side port fine, and disabling battery care seems to work as well, as they said in forums. So, I think it's not a hardware/ faulty port issue but rather its a software issue as I'm able to charge fine now. Have checked with different cables and chargers.😊

ronkpa7
Star II
RAIDEN™

You seem to have the same issue like mine , so here your bottom port is basically loosened and this is a hardware issue.

So i d suggest you to go to service centre to get it repaired asap !!

I got mine few days back where i had the same issue

View post
It's not a hardware issue bro, definitely not loose port issue.... it's a software issue. I faced it since today morning only now its fine and also the port wasn't wet or anything. Check my reply to the original poster for solutions. It worked for me. Thanx.