This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New apps don't work

bst_tcc
Star I
After the latest update both asus and google chrome, 4 out of 5 apps that i install, they just remain stuck for a long time on the first loading screen, either eventually respond and work or they give not responding app notification. Old apps are not affected, did anyone experience this issue? Anyone have any idea how to fix the issue or even rollback to previous version before latest update?
18 REPLIES 18

bst_tcc
Star I
Christine_ASUS

Hi bst.tcc

Thank you for your asking. Please refer to the link below as a similar issue

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/28685/asus-zenfone-max-pro-m2-chrome-and-gmail-crash

Kindly provide the information below so that we could better assist you.

1. Model Name: MPM1? ZB602KL?

Settings>System>About phone

Refer to the link below to check the model name by model no. in the link

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1014441/

2. Your current firmware version

Setting >System>About Phone>Software information

If you try to update to the latest version, does the issue still remain?

3. Your Chrome version

Settings>Apps & notifications>See all>App info>Chrome>Advanced>version no. at the bottom

View post
Model name: ASUS_X00TDB
Current Firmware(build number): PKQ1.WW_Phone-16.2017.2005.082-20200506
Chrome version: 83.0.4103.101
Have to mention I don't have any issues with Chrome or Gmail, as for the fix they recommended i actually uninstalled the updates and disabled chrome and tried without it and re-enabled and updates chrome from play store, same issue with 90% of new apps.

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
bst.tcc

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/89853#Comment_89853

Model name: ASUS_X00TDB

Current Firmware(build number): PKQ1.WW_Phone-16.2017.2005.082-20200506

Chrome version: 83.0.4103.101

Have to mention I don't have any issues with Chrome or Gmail, as for the fix they recommended i actually uninstalled the updates and disabled chrome and tried without it and re-enabled and updates chrome from play store, same issue with 90% of new apps.

View post
I think factory reset can clear those issues.
And the issue with chrome app was fixed by Google so now you can update to the lastest version of chrome.

bst_tcc
Star I
Well I think you are right, problem i have is, I have about 50GB data on internal to backup, and if this doesn't work, then I will have bigger problems like google authenicator not working, banking apps not working...

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
bst.tcc

Well I think you are right, problem i have is, I have about 50GB data on internal to backup, and if this doesn't work, then I will have bigger problems like google authenicator not working, banking apps not working...

View post
Can you copy your important data to a computer or sd card.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi bst.tcc
As veeharish2005 mentioned above, I also suggest you to try "the Factory Reset" 
Settings>System>Advanced>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)

# Local backup guide
[Phone] How to use # Google Drive backup guide
[Zenfone] How to back up the data stored in your phone ? | Official Support | ASUS Global
If the issue remains after the factory reset, please don't be hesitate to let me know. Thank you.