agungdeppe_
Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Battery
Description: ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor on ASUS Laptop cannot start
Model: Asus Vivobook Flip TP412FA
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes

hi, ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor on ASUS Laptop is not working,version: 4.5.1001.10704 This device cannot start. (Code 10)The process hosting the driver for this device has terminated. I think this happened since this update windows, but I don't know which one,since after tried to Reset this PC and check updates, the windows is updating these:Quality Updates:- 2019-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based System (KB4522355)Other Updates:- Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - October 2019 (KB890830) tried to uninstall the Quality update using Recovery > Advanced Startup, but unable to uninstall.kindly please help if someone also experienced this problem. Thank You.
11 REPLIES 11

ZT-dc732037
Star I
never saw a solution here other than windows Update fixed one computer

My fingerprint sensor has beeen working fine for about a year and just stopped.. i have update bios and windows and get same errocode 10 cant start
would think some one at ASUS would have something more to say than im reading here

paulwberryman
Star I
I've found the workaround for me is to remove the Logitech wireless keyboard dongle on startup, then insert the dongle after I've logged in.
I've heard, but not personally tested, that this is an issue with some other wireless keyboards as well.