cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pie or 10 | Which is better ?

Bhasky
Rising Star II
Hello dear users,
I recently got 6z (6/64), soon after booting got an update to 1909.194_0 as latest update to Pie, and immediately popped up for 10 , but I refused.
Till now there seems to be no annoying issues for me, except I use my native language as system wide for which in Pie with latest build it was removed from build 191 onwards, so i did enable it via ADB command.
TBH I'm happy with overall usage, but
I would like to know is 10 update worth over 9 ?
Just wanted to know, will these get affected upon update ?
* cannot zoom while using 48mp (for photo capture) is this the same even after 10 ?
* no built-in fm recording, (someone said it's not there even in 10)
* flip camera functionalities like retract on free fall, no abrupt opening or closing while using any video call app(no issues).
* no issues with battery backup ( previous user of Max Pro M1)
experienced with same good backups
* enjoying fluid responsiveness in overall usage
if there are any significant change that could improve lot better than 9, then please highlight them so that I can update my device.

Thanks in advance

11 REPLIES 11

_jis_
Zen Master III
If you don't use the internet, feel free to use whatever version of Android you want, it doesn't matter. However, if you use the Internet, always try to use the latest version of Android with the latest version of security patches. Everything else is irrelevant due to the threats that await users on the Internet today.
In addition, if the A10 does not suit you for any reason, you can always return to the A9. No one can advise you better than you. No one but you knows what your real needs are.
At least I will answer some of your questions:
* cannot zoom while using 48mp (for photo capture) is this the same even after 10 ?
48MP is a gimmick, so avoid it if you can except for rare special cases where you just need the highest resolution for some reason.
That's true. But I use internet radios via TuneIn, so I have no need for this feature. In addition, we already use DAB+ in Europe 🙂
* flip camera functionalities like retract on free fall
No problems.
* no abrupt opening or closing while using any video call app(no issues).
Still with problems. It happened to me several times when the phone was lying on his back on the table that he was trying to open the camera. Fortunately, he didn't open it, but the growl and strain of the electric motor was audible.
Battery consumption is practically the same as in the A9, it is not significantly better or any worse, at least according to my continuous measurements using AccuBattery.
No problems at all, but I am using FNG and Nova.

Bhasky
Rising Star II
_jis_

If you don't use the internet, feel free to use whatever version of Android you want, it doesn't matter. However, if you use the Internet, always try to use the latest version of Android with the latest version of security patches. Everything else is irrelevant due to the threats that await users on the Internet today.

In addition, if the A10 does not suit you for any reason, you can always return to the A9. No one can advise you better than you. No one but you knows what your real needs are.

At least I will answer some of your questions:

48MP is a gimmick, so avoid it if you can except for rare special cases where you just need the highest resolution for some reason.

That's true. But I use internet radios via TuneIn, so I have no need for this feature. In addition, we already use DAB+ in Europe 🙂

* flip camera functionalities like retract on free fall

No problems.

* no abrupt opening or closing while using any video call app(no issues).

Still with problems. It happened to me several times when the phone was lying on his back on the table that he was trying to open the camera. Fortunately, he didn't open it, but the growl and strain of the electric motor was audible.

Battery consumption is practically the same as in the A9, it is not significantly better or any worse, at least according to my continuous measurements using AccuBattery.

No problems at all, but I am using FNG and Nova.

View post
Thanks a ton for clarifying these info !