This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning to buy the rog phone 2 strix edition

So I was planning to buy the rog phone 2 strix edition here in the Philippines but I have read so much issues about the rog phone 2 in general. May I please ask for your opinions if it's a good buy or will I just be wasting money for a faulty device?
Thanks ahead
64 REPLIES 64

ronald1985
Community Legend I
(Not sure what happend, my post disappeared by itself 🤣 - let me try again)
So this is when you are streaming online and that's where you get the delays?
My misake because i thought it was happening to recorded videos too. So, the original recorded file I have is around 2 minutes long, at resolution of 720p with medium quality on Game Genie. COD setting is low quality. That is 4GB in file size.
If you want/can/try, see if you record the game (not streaming) and then see how much the file size is? Why does it matter you may ask. It does matter because this is called latency. The difference between recording and streaming is that you're recorded video only goes to storage. There's no transportation going to the Internet. Whereas, on the other hand when you're streaming, that "file" you are creating for streaming, goes to the Internet and back to your phone constantly. The length of time to get to the Internet and back to your phone is called latency. So if you see where I am going with this, the higher the graphics you use, the more it will have to send (love the car analogy?).
So what am I suggesting? This is definately a hardware limitation because your phone cannot keep up with the constant communication. I used 720p and quality medium for recording, but you probably need to reduce the settings more for streaming because it is not as quick as it is going through all the hoops and loops (i.e. from your phone, to the router, to your ISP, travel around the world "Internet", to the ISP of the destination (not sure if it's an ISP/data centre for Youtube or Twitch) <<< this is only one way! Add on top of that, running apps on your phone that requires Internet connection? Internet Traffic? It all adds up.
The best way to sort this out is to trial and error and what works best for you. Some people have to go as far as while streaming, delay their microphones when they speak (if you do use microphones that is). Obviously we don't get settings for that.
I hope this helps in a way.
EDIT// Another example, for this web page to load. The waiting for page to load up is also called latency. Treat that as 1 frame (or 1 picture) in the video. Your phone will probably be running at around 30 frames to 60 frames per second (or lower - I am not sure).

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/90000#Comment_90000

Just to clear things up we cannot hear any delays in recorded video. The delay is real time.

View post

So this is happening when you're streaming online? My mistake because I thought you had the issue of recording videos too. So the original file size of the recorded video I did for COD is 4GB in file size with resolution of 720p, quality is medium on Game Genie and COD settings is low on graphics. The length was 2 minutes.
So let's look at it from your perspective, but feel free to give it a try and record to storage (not streaming) and see what the file size is. It will give you an idea on how much you're sending over for streaming (forgetting about compression). So you're probably thinking what does the file size matter? Yes, it does matter, because this is called latency. For recording, you are saving directly to storage and there's no need to go to the Internet/YouTube/Twitch. However, on the other hand, for streaming, there's alot of hoops to get to before your viewers can see what you're doing. From the phone to the router, to your ISP Exchange to the backbone of the Internet to the ISP for YouTube/Twitch. Add compression on top of it (when you upload videos to YouTube, it formats it so it is smaller in size), furthermore to add is the Internet Traffic and how much you have running on your phone which is using the Internet.
So imagine, this "file" of around 4GB, going through those hoops within 2 minutes. It's going to be a while, right? That's one way. If I am right (but do correct me if I am wrong, both the video and audio is sent as two entities and not as one. Even for us as a viewer of the stream, it seems like one, but it actually isn't.
Another example, for this web page to load. The waiting for page to load up is also called latency. Treat that as 1 frame (or 1 picture) in the video. Your phone will probably be running at around 30 frames to 60 frames per second (or lower - I am not sure). I will let you figure out whether that is slow or not. But that's how long a viewer is waiting. (This webpage is not very graphical too, so you need to take into account of that too.)
Another good example is where a movie/video/anime that's been dubbed from it's original language into a new language. You don't hear the orginal voice, but a voice over is given. Another evidence that the video and sound are done separately.
Therefore, what I suggest is probably lower your settings in Game Genie and see if that helps.
I have seen other people getting this issue too and they would go as far as re-audio the whole thing or live delaying their audio. It's whatever works best for you and there isn't a one fix for all. You can say this is a hardware limitation.
I don't know if you understand, but hopefully it makes some sort of sense.

Not applicable
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/90002#Comment_90002

So this is happening when you're streaming online? My mistake because I thought you had the issue of recording videos too. So the original file size of the recorded video I did for COD is 4GB in file size with resolution of 720p, quality is medium on Game Genie and COD settings is low on graphics. The length was 2 minutes.

So let's look at it from your perspective, but feel free to give it a try and record to storage (not streaming) and see what the file size is. It will give you an idea on how much you're sending over for streaming (forgetting about compression). So you're probably thinking what does the file size matter? Yes, it does matter, because this is called latency. For recording, you are saving directly to storage and there's no need to go to the Internet/YouTube/Twitch. However, on the other hand, for streaming, there's alot of hoops to get to before your viewers can see what you're doing. From the phone to the router, to your ISP Exchange to the backbone of the Internet to the ISP for YouTube/Twitch. Add compression on top of it (when you upload videos to YouTube, it formats it so it is smaller in size), furthermore to add is the Internet Traffic and how much you have running on your phone which is using the Internet.

So imagine, this "file" of around 4GB, going through those hoops within 2 minutes. It's going to be a while, right? That's one way. If I am right (but do correct me if I am wrong, both the video and audio is sent as two entities and not as one. Even for us as a viewer of the stream, it seems like one, but it actually isn't.

Another example, for this web page to load. The waiting for page to load up is also called latency. Treat that as 1 frame (or 1 picture) in the video. Your phone will probably be running at around 30 frames to 60 frames per second (or lower - I am not sure). I will let you figure out whether that is slow or not. But that's how long a viewer is waiting. (This webpage is not very graphical too, so you need to take into account of that too.)

Another good example is where a movie/video/anime that's been dubbed from it's original language into a new language. You don't hear the orginal voice, but a voice over is given. Another evidence that the video and sound are done separately.

Therefore, what I suggest is probably lower your settings in Game Genie and see if that helps.

I have seen other people getting this issue too and they would go as far as re-audio the whole thing or live delaying their audio. It's whatever works best for you and there isn't a one fix for all. You can say this is a hardware limitation.

View post
I am facing the sound delay while recording AND streaming. The delay happens in real time which means when i am playing fast pace games like pubgm, the person kills me before i can hear the sound of gun shots. The outcome of the recording comes out without any delay which means after we stop recording the software cope up with the sound delay and the recorded video does not have any sound delays.

Not applicable
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/90002#Comment_90002

View post
I am telling you not to tangle it more.... Mods got my point and devs got my point. I just want them to fix it asap so i can record montage of pubg and vice versa.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/90010#Comment_90010

I am telling you not to tangle it more.... Mods got my point and devs got my point. I just want them to fix it asap so i can record montage of pubg and vice versa.

View post

It can't be fixed, this is simply called latency.