This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical dark lines at 120Hz at gray backgrounds Asus ROG Phone II

Hello,
My Asus Rog Phone II has gray vertical lines if I use it at 120Hz refresh rate on a gray background. I noticed it first into the Youtube App search bar. At 90Hz it's slightly visible at 60Hz not. I got my Screen replaced one week ago but now it's the same and slightly worser then before. Does someone else got this kind of problem? If you change the settings to 120Hz use it several minutes then try a gray background.
greetings

8 REPLIES 8

img-20200617-wa0001.jpg
You can clearly see them at the calculator. Display replacement does not fix the problem, maybe it's an issue with the logic board? idk...

Vamp
Zen Master I
kohlmann.lukas

img-20200617-wa0001.jpg

You can clearly see them at the calculator. Display replacement does not fix the problem, maybe it's an issue with the logic board? idk...

View post
It's the display, because I've seen 5 different ROG 2 in last couple of days and they all have the grey lines and even mine Rog have those grey lines. Looking closer it looks like a blackish brownish grain on the screen.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Vamp

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/90009#Comment_90009

It's the display, because I've seen 5 different ROG 2 in last couple of days and they all have the grey lines and even mine Rog have those grey lines. Looking closer it looks like a blackish brownish grain on the screen.

View post
It's an oled tech thing imo
I've seen similar stuff in the new op8 pro basically all phones with 120hz refresh rate

Canedra
Star I
I confirm this exists in my phone too right from day one. I have learnt to live with these quirks but honestly i don't plan to become anyone's beta tester ever again.