This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning to buy the rog phone 2 strix edition

So I was planning to buy the rog phone 2 strix edition here in the Philippines but I have read so much issues about the rog phone 2 in general. May I please ask for your opinions if it's a good buy or will I just be wasting money for a faulty device?
Thanks ahead
64 REPLIES 64

Not applicable
OPC

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/89899#Comment_89899

I think here you make the point and as Asus people say there are hardware limitations. You need a dock which is wired to the router, Elgato etc. At least Rog 2 does have a 3.0 usb port which plugs into a dock so it has a solid passthrough of information. But the dock itself has limitations and is step behind for example from my LG C9 tv which supports streaming 4K at 120 Hz and HDMI 2.1. I believe the next generation of dock will support it and that's the one I am getting. In the meantime I have wired my home with CAT8 and HDMI 2.1 (8K) cables.

I believe if you are a serious gamer that has a YouTube, Twitch or some other channel with loyal followers, streams live or needs to record his game in high accuracy, this is a serious issue. But for this level of performance in the phone I believe we will have to wait still. And even then at least a dock with wired connection, if not a separate video card, I believe will be essential.

View post
I have elgato and asus dock Asus ADSU001 Professional Dock Gamepad
http://dl.flipkart.com/dl/asus-adsu001-professional-dock-gamepad/p/itma2bcf7ddfce83?pid=ACCFKFSNCZMU... but while streaming my device reaches at 47°c temp and i dont want to set up all this hassle everytime i play a game. All i want is simple enable recording when i play game and then edit it and post it on youtube which i cannot due to sound issue as i have stated before. Talking about the settings, i have lowest possible settings in game and in armory crate for pubg but my phone still reaches 47°c when connected to dock and elgato thats why i need inbuilt feature because the heat of the phone is unbearable and i dont want my phone screen to get burned.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
With regards to sound delays, it's definately a long shot. Not sure what the mod here has said in terms of limitations. There's going to be other software out in the world which can be downloaded to screen record and stream at the same time. If it happens to that software, then that would be a hardware limitations which means, it cannot really be fixed. It's not ideal that software itself cannot be rectified owned by ASUS themeselves.
When I record for COD, I don't get any problems and I will upload it here for you to see too.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Took a while because the original file was 4GB big and in the end I took a snippet.
Not sure if you can spot, but I don't feel the lag.

Not applicable
ronald1985

Took a while because the original file was 4GB big and in the end I took a snippet.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/5ZH1VKSYEUO3/2020-06-13-19-15-50-00-02-30-00-02-38-5boptimum-qu...

Not sure if you can spot, but I don't feel the lag.

View post
Just to clear things up we cannot hear any delays in recorded video. The delay is real time.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/90000#Comment_90000

Just to clear things up we cannot hear any delays in recorded video. The delay is real time.

View post
I think I understand you, so you get the delay when you're streaming online? My mistake, because I was thinking you had problems with recorded videos too. So for the recorded video I have just done, for 2 minutes playing using Resolution as 720p with quality of Medium on Game Genie, and also using low quality graphics in COD settings. That's 4GB of file. I will let you work out how much your phone does when playing PUBG (just record with the same settings as your streaming settings), and at the end of it, see how big the file is.
So this is definately a hardware limitation due to latency. So probably, while streaming, lower your settings in Game Genie if you haven't already done so and see if that improves. I hope that helps and makes sense.
EDIT: Recording videos is different because there's no latency going back to the Internet. It's just going to your internal storage.