This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning to buy the rog phone 2 strix edition

So I was planning to buy the rog phone 2 strix edition here in the Philippines but I have read so much issues about the rog phone 2 in general. May I please ask for your opinions if it's a good buy or will I just be wasting money for a faulty device?
Thanks ahead
64 REPLIES 64

Not applicable
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/89900#Comment_89900

It's unfair to say it's a simple fix because it's not working for some and the others are working, so if you fix one thing, it doesn't break others too. Because this is only a forum and you don't have anyone who can physically look at your phone, they are only going off with some logs and what you guys say. What do you have as the audio source under Game Genie. Like I asked, do you get the same delay issue on another game such as Candy Crush which in comparison is smaller to PUBG or PUGB 😁?

View post
This issue is confirmed by the mods themself and they denied the fix, according to them it is the limitation of the device and a big boomer for the gamers. Also no one would buy premium devices such as asus to play candy crush.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/89901#Comment_89901

This issue is confirmed by the mods themself and they denied the fix, according to them it is the limitation of the device and a big boomer for the gamers. Also no one would buy premium devices such as asus to play candy crush.

View post

You didn't answer my question about what settings you have in Game Genie? If you have Microphone, turn it off and use Game as the source and see if the sound delay still happens? Unless you're talking about the sound as in you speak on the microphone. Candy Crush was an example of small games, what other games do you like except for PUBG? Try it on a smaller game to see if it happens, you never know, you might be able to proof mods here wrong too 😎

Not applicable
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/89905#Comment_89905

You didn't answer my question about what settings you have in Game Genie? If you have Microphone, turn it off and use Game as the source and see if the sound delay still happens? Unless you're talking about the sound as in you speak on the microphone. Candy Crush was an example of small games, what other games do you like except for PUBG? Try it on a smaller game to see if it happens, you never know, you might be able to proof mods here wrong too 😎

View post
Tested on youtube and the same delay was observed. I use default xmode with max cpu, temp set to high and memory cleaner on. I know for the fact that the delay is not only on pubg but also on other apps. On pubg i have smooth graphics and extreme frame rate with high sound effect. I only face delay while recording or streaming with inbuilt apps.

OPC
Zen Master II
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/89894#Comment_89894

I only compared asus for the sound delay it has and it is being called the gaming phone of the year and you cannot even record with it or livestream with it unless you have its dock and an elgato capture card which most of people dont have.

View post
I think here you make the point and as Asus people say there are hardware limitations. You need a dock which is wired to the router, Elgato etc. At least Rog 2 does have a 3.0 usb port which plugs into a dock so it has a solid passthrough of information. But the dock itself has limitations and is step behind for example from my LG C9 tv which supports streaming 4K at 120 Hz and HDMI 2.1. I believe the next generation of dock will support it and that's the one I am getting. In the meantime I have wired my home with CAT8 and HDMI 2.1 (8K) cables.
I believe if you are a serious gamer that has a YouTube, Twitch or some other channel with loyal followers, streams live or needs to record his game in high accuracy, this is a serious issue. But for this level of performance in the phone I believe we will have to wait still. And even then at least a dock with wired connection, if not a separate video card, I believe will be essential.

amitpaul1994
Star III
Any Update from asus team...... have u got insects in your mouth..... just answer the queries here @Anders_ASUS