This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning to buy the rog phone 2 strix edition

So I was planning to buy the rog phone 2 strix edition here in the Philippines but I have read so much issues about the rog phone 2 in general. May I please ask for your opinions if it's a good buy or will I just be wasting money for a faulty device?
Thanks ahead
64 REPLIES 64

Not applicable
ronald1985

Glad to have heard you got the information you need klintnathansoco.

It's what's the forum about.

Akash Gupta, sorry if I have upsetted you. The point I was making is that not everyone is having the same issues as you/or everyone else having the same issue. You will get it with other phones too. The fact you're saying how ignorant I am show how much bigger of an ignorant you are. Let's say 500 (let me know how many people you think on the forum have this issue) people complaining about the issue you are getting on the sound delay, we know more than 10,000 people have this phone - that's 5% of the issue. So if you compare to other issues which other users are having higher complaints, you can see the issue you're raising will have to wait for abit as it is functional. Just that you got delays.

Screen burn are caused by high brightness and long use with objects being stay in the same area. You get that on other phones and this is typically known as wear and tear.

New features - well this is a gaming phone, like you said! Everyone knows the more you having running on the phone, the less performance you get. If you're looking for nice wallpapers, always on screen, new launcher, new dialers, new bloatwares, then Samsung is always the best place to go to. Security patch updates - well you do know everytime a patch that has been made by Google on Android, there needs to be some sort of work to make it compatible with a phone and it accessories?

I don't know why you are so upset and rude, but I guess having the technical knowledge from a software engineering background on how a software works with the hardware is beneficial, so I won't complain to your comments on judging people. I can take that.

Of course I am comparing PC and Phone - proper gamers will be on PCs not on Phones. Did you know that if you're on WIFI, your speed is slower than actually connecting physically via a CAT6 Cable? Try it, if you have PC that has WIFI connections and physical connection. Try playing Fortnite as I play that all the time on PC not on the phone....Phone lags. Why? Guess what, it's not the phone, it's the connection of the WIFI.

Not insulting you or by all means not a comparison from a phone to a car, but why not do the same? Let say if you get a luxury car for racing and then you see scratches because of dirt, you going to take it back for a warranty repair - well it is a high end luxury racing car, right? Treat your phone like it was a high end luxary car, then you will be fine. This year has been a crisis for everyone, with Coronavirus. You need to bear in mind companies will be slower to respond than they are usually too.

View post
I dont want explaination of how the sound delay issue is just for me because i know i am not the only one. There are more than 80% people facing this issue because they are gamers and that problem is a big issue for us. Dont want to start a beef here. Contact me on discord Scorpion#1036 if you want beef 🙂

ronald1985
Community Legend I
I don't do Discord, sorry. Not sure what you mean by beef?
I think you need to chill out - if your that not happy with the phone, why haven't you sold it and stopped complaining here - maybe the forums will get freed up and mods can see what other problems there are 🙂
Just saying 😀 Have a nice day dude!

Not applicable
ronald1985

Glad to have heard you got the information you need klintnathansoco.

It's what's the forum about.

Akash Gupta, sorry if I have upsetted you. The point I was making is that not everyone is having the same issues as you/or everyone else having the same issue. You will get it with other phones too. The fact you're saying how ignorant I am show how much bigger of an ignorant you are. Let's say 500 (let me know how many people you think on the forum have this issue) people complaining about the issue you are getting on the sound delay, we know more than 10,000 people have this phone - that's 5% of the issue. So if you compare to other issues which other users are having higher complaints, you can see the issue you're raising will have to wait for abit as it is functional. Just that you got delays.

Screen burn are caused by high brightness and long use with objects being stay in the same area. You get that on other phones and this is typically known as wear and tear.

New features - well this is a gaming phone, like you said! Everyone knows the more you having running on the phone, the less performance you get. If you're looking for nice wallpapers, always on screen, new launcher, new dialers, new bloatwares, then Samsung is always the best place to go to. Security patch updates - well you do know everytime a patch that has been made by Google on Android, there needs to be some sort of work to make it compatible with a phone and it accessories?

I don't know why you are so upset and rude, but I guess having the technical knowledge from a software engineering background on how a software works with the hardware is beneficial, so I won't complain to your comments on judging people. I can take that.

Of course I am comparing PC and Phone - proper gamers will be on PCs not on Phones. Did you know that if you're on WIFI, your speed is slower than actually connecting physically via a CAT6 Cable? Try it, if you have PC that has WIFI connections and physical connection. Try playing Fortnite as I play that all the time on PC not on the phone....Phone lags. Why? Guess what, it's not the phone, it's the connection of the WIFI.

Not insulting you or by all means not a comparison from a phone to a car, but why not do the same? Let say if you get a luxury car for racing and then you see scratches because of dirt, you going to take it back for a warranty repair - well it is a high end luxury racing car, right? Treat your phone like it was a high end luxary car, then you will be fine. This year has been a crisis for everyone, with Coronavirus. You need to bear in mind companies will be slower to respond than they are usually too.

View post
Also, i have a 500mbps download speed and 90 mbps upload speed so dont say my network is causing lags in pubg or fortnite.
Moreover oneplus bring new features in most of their updates and their software still runs smooth. What new did i ask for??? I asked for a fps lock so my games can lock on fps so i dont suffer from frame drops, same as red magic 5g. I want a feature where i can set a custom xmode wallpaper. I want a feature so we can use the other light thats lying useless on my phone, i want a feature that gives me more access of recording feature. Current recorder has limited options. I want a complete sliding gesture so i can use sliding and tap gesture for air triggers. If that slows my phone down then idk why did we buy a beast phone just on spec sheet if it makes software unstable if we add more feature. All those feature are for gamers and useful in gaming. Thats all i can say and i am angry because you supporting asus and opposing me like i dont have any issues in my device. Dont mind my comments but i hate when someone opposes me.

Not applicable
ronald1985

I don't do Discord, sorry. Not sure what you mean by beef?

I think you need to chill out - if your that not happy with the phone, why haven't you sold it and stopped complaining here - maybe the forums will get freed up and mods can see what other problems there are 🙂

Just saying 😀 Have a nice day dude!

View post
Those comments i made were when i was angry because my phone froze 2 times in a row without any reason. I got worked up and started to talk shit but now i am chill. Now i see you mentioning me is like salt on burns. Stop posting comments and i will stop too 🙂 i explained him that this phone is not good and he got my point. I called you up to get a beef because you were asking for it. Anyways you go in with your life i go on with mine.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/89874#Comment_89874

Also, i have a 500mbps download speed and 90 mbps upload speed so dont say my network is causing lags in pubg or fortnite.

Moreover oneplus bring new features in most of their updates and their software still runs smooth. What new did i ask for??? I asked for a fps lock so my games can lock on fps so i dont suffer from frame drops, same as red magic 5g. I want a feature where i can set a custom xmode wallpaper. I want a feature so we can use the other light thats lying useless on my phone, i want a feature that gives me more access of recording feature. Current recorder has limited options. I want a complete sliding gesture so i can use sliding and tap gesture for air triggers. If that slows my phone down then idk why did we buy a beast phone just on spec sheet if it makes software unstable if we add more feature. All those feature are for gamers and useful in gaming. Thats all i can say and i am angry because you supporting asus and opposing me like i dont have any issues in my device. Dont mind my comments but i hate when someone opposes me.

View post
It says alot, when you say "Dont mind my comments but i hate when someone opposes me."
Would it makes sense if I tell you your phone does not take in 500mbps? If you have other devices too, that's another chunk taken out of your speed dude.
Everything that you add on to the device adds up to memory and cpu consumption. So back to the luxury racing car, the lighter it is the faster it is right? Try putting in a fridge, a vault, a kitchen sink - let see if you can go quick???