This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls not received. Texts delayed.

justinleon2113
Star III
Hello. Just upgraded to the ZenFone 6 (Edition 30) over the new year and notice that many calls from family and friends are going straight to voicemail. I tested this with a friend in the room, and out of 5 attempts, only 3 made the phone ring. Many important calls for business do not ring at all. I am using Ultra Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO) and have done the usual run-around (reset phone, empty cache, check all settings for fowarding, DND, and such). Even on a fresh install, it is experiencing the same phenomenon. I tried a different phone and it seemed to consistently work...I'll keep testing.
I wanted to see if anyone else had issues with not getting calls or texts (irrespective of carrier) or if it could be just carrier issues for me. I have great coverage in my area, thus it is not like I am roaming or disconnected. Thank you for the help.
159 REPLIES 159

dt808
Rising Star I
ljflevy

today, the only calls I can make with my US ZF6 are through messengers like facebook (via phone data & wifi)

Phone calls get stuck in dialling and die before I hear a ring tone.

SMS and MMS messages aren't sent, even when marked Urgent.

SMS reception is delayed by close to an hour.

Network provider is T-Mobile

@LP_ASUS

View post
hi there is currently a t-mobile problem affecting s lot of people nationwide. it's been going on for several hours now and still has not been fixed. Google t-mobile outage. there are still call and text problems on t-mobile using the zenfone 6 but this time it's all on t-mobile lol.

petteyg359
Star III
dt808

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/89370#Comment_89370

hi there is currently a t-mobile problem affecting s lot of people nationwide. it's been going on for several hours now and still has not been fixed. Google t-mobile outage. there are still call and text problems on t-mobile using the zenfone 6 but this time it's all on t-mobile lol.

View post
To the contrary, just because T-Mobile is actually experiencing a real problem doesn't mean the phone is magically at fault for nothing.

sKo713
Star I
What is wrong with you ASUS!!!! Phone worked fine with Tmobile in Texas. Then with android 10 if WIFI was on it would usually not receive incoming calls. Finally got APN setting right. Now with latest update I can't receive a call or a TXT!!!!! I can only make a phone call. Can't seem to downgrade through boot loader menus. Get an error that it is not a newer update. WTF am i supposed to do??? This is ridiculous!!! I have ASUS motherboards video cards etc ...thinking I am not going to be buying an ASUS product ever again. Your tech suppoort is crap. Tech I spoke to said I needed the box or sticker to give him the serial number!!!

johnCforVTS
Rising Star I
I too noticed today that i am missing texts via social network apps. I gotta unlock the phone and go through the app by myself for it just to be refreshed with the received messages. If the device is on standby doesnt ring, notifies or throw any alert whatsoever!

petteyg359
Star III
johnCforVTS

I too noticed today that i am missing texts via social network apps. I gotta unlock the phone and go through the app by myself for it just to be refreshed with the received messages. If the device is on standby doesnt ring, notifies or throw any alert whatsoever!

View post
"Texts via social network apps"? If you're referring to Twitter, Messenger, etc., those are not texts and are entirely unrelated to this thread. If you're using said apps to read SMS, of course they'd be affected. This isn't a problem with an app. It's a problem with the 4G/LTE firmware functions.