This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning to buy the rog phone 2 strix edition

So I was planning to buy the rog phone 2 strix edition here in the Philippines but I have read so much issues about the rog phone 2 in general. May I please ask for your opinions if it's a good buy or will I just be wasting money for a faulty device?
Thanks ahead
64 REPLIES 64

Not applicable
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/89633#Comment_89633

When I record on COD, I don't have any issues - no lag and no delay in audio. So, I don't think just to say ASUS is a bad company is the right way. I had my phone since January and apart from some A10 issues I had no problems at all until now. I am comparing COD against PUBG, that's fine - I have played on PUBG before but I didn't like the game as much as I liked COD. Infact, if you look on Google, you will see other people having issues, not just ASUS users. Have you tried adjusting the options to reduce the quality? If you have terrible connection, then that can also be a factor to your delay problems while streaming.

Screen protectors are cheap to get, but if you have heard of the expression, what you pay for is what you get and you know you're going to be a "hardcore gamer", I think protection would of been a better idea. The more you look after your phone by putting on protection, phone scatches is not really a problem.

Phone restarting by itself and black screens - like most of the representative for ASUS here have said, take it to your service centre and have it examined. If you have done nothing wrong, why is it hard to take it there? To me, it sounds like heating issues and you get that with PC's too. The higher the power, the more cooling power you need, which is why they say PC's are always best for gaming. The other thing is it could be the software you have installed (from other places other than Google Play Store). So if you haven't done so already, try perfoming factory reset.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/30539/planning-to-buy-the-rog-phone-2-strix-edition

To the original poster, with ROG 3 coming out, I would recommend waiting for that if you can and if money isn't a problem. Otherwise, ROG 2 is still a good investment. If you're not bothered about headphone jacks and not having 5G, then definately ROG 3. Otherwise, ROG 2 is a better option.

View post
Stop being ignorant. I spent my money for luxury not for excuses. If you are a customer and spent money on this trash then you must know what it is like to have a trash phone like this. I am a previous one plus 6 user and i faced no issues like this phone. This phone actually trigger me because i am a gamer and the fact they call it a gaming phone is just an insult to gamers.
Talking about audio delay, its issue faced by all users during gaming and using inbuilt recorder while using headphone (both wired and wireless). They are aware of the sound Delay issue so stop saying there is no sound delay because you dont make sense. Stop praising asus and quit forum if you are here to lie about what asus really is because all i have seen from asus its ignorant. They dont care about what their customer says.
No new feature has been added since a decade and they take too long to post a simple and small update. I cannot imagine if one day this phone screen turns black for me and service center says i have damaged my screen even after my screen protector and screen is intact and i get a bill of 15k which has happened to most of asus users.... Screen burns also cost replacement which is completely asus fault.
I must say stop being a asus fan boy and get out of the freaking disney world. I can say you are not a gamer if you are saying this phone has no issues because this phone has all the issue for gaming and not for normal use like fb and web surfing. Ask a gamer about this phone and about all issues i am talking about and you will see i am not the only one.
Screen should not be too delicate to be easily scratched with a normal use considering its gorilla glass 6 protection and it should scratch at a level 6. Mine scratched with a fingernail with medium force. Try it with your phone and see if your phone is scratching in such manner. Talking about the durability of the inner screen, one user reported that his phone screen broke randomly with protection and no dent or screen damage whats so ever. He took it to service center and got a bill of 15k rs and was told it happened because he kept it in pocket. Now where should i keep my mobile??? Oh yes between my butcheeks. Best place to keep a mobile as fragile as this one. Lame excuses being made by asus for not fixing the audio delay, they said its the limitation of screen recorder, my ass. One plus 6 with 845 processor 8 gb ram and 60hz display. I recorded many game play with that phone and no audio delay whats so ever. Even redmi phones does better job while screen recording or running apps like stream labs. My asus literally froze 2 times running stream labs trying to stream on my mobile and needed restart. Even my power button wasnt responding and needed a hard restart.

Just simple words for you, get out of your shell and start exploring this forum. Stop being ignorant and start blaming asus because its their fault the software is shitty, and people like you appreciate them so they get encouraged for being ignorant towards their work. They are getting paid then they should work properly. Stop with all lying and fairy world comments of yours because i know and devs know whats up with software but they are too lazy and old freaking hobos who dont want to do what their users say. They just smoke weed daily.

Not applicable
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/89633#Comment_89633

When I record on COD, I don't have any issues - no lag and no delay in audio. So, I don't think just to say ASUS is a bad company is the right way. I had my phone since January and apart from some A10 issues I had no problems at all until now. I am comparing COD against PUBG, that's fine - I have played on PUBG before but I didn't like the game as much as I liked COD. Infact, if you look on Google, you will see other people having issues, not just ASUS users. Have you tried adjusting the options to reduce the quality? If you have terrible connection, then that can also be a factor to your delay problems while streaming.

Screen protectors are cheap to get, but if you have heard of the expression, what you pay for is what you get and you know you're going to be a "hardcore gamer", I think protection would of been a better idea. The more you look after your phone by putting on protection, phone scatches is not really a problem.

Phone restarting by itself and black screens - like most of the representative for ASUS here have said, take it to your service centre and have it examined. If you have done nothing wrong, why is it hard to take it there? To me, it sounds like heating issues and you get that with PC's too. The higher the power, the more cooling power you need, which is why they say PC's are always best for gaming. The other thing is it could be the software you have installed (from other places other than Google Play Store). So if you haven't done so already, try perfoming factory reset.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/30539/planning-to-buy-the-rog-phone-2-strix-edition

To the original poster, with ROG 3 coming out, I would recommend waiting for that if you can and if money isn't a problem. Otherwise, ROG 2 is still a good investment. If you're not bothered about headphone jacks and not having 5G, then definately ROG 3. Otherwise, ROG 2 is a better option.

View post
You really think i am going to buy (ROG) Series ever again? Being a gamer i have understood that asus is a shitty company to buy phones for gaming.

Moreover, do you think i live near or inside the serive center of asus? Or do you think i am full on nalla who dont have work to do? I show the audio delay and crash issue to asus already and all they said was to format my phone and factory reset and it will be ok and now yesterday my phone froze *2* times and asus also knows that phone freezing is completely a software bug and not the hardware so keep you mouth shut if you dont know what you are talking about. Check other forums about the same issue you asus fan boy. Mods have already said that its a software issue and nothing related to hardware. Why in the world would i go to service center again if they just tell me to format my phone again and again for same issue??? Last thing they said was to wait for a software update and there has been a update released by asus but still no fixes for freezing. My phone temperature was 38° C which is normal temp and it froze 2 times while trying to stream. Dont ever post a fix if you wanna compare a computer with a phone. Like seriously man you are not a technical geek or anything so stop acting like one.

Not applicable
ronald1985

With regards to phone protections, most of the place I get my phone will come with screen protectors and cases. I think it depends on the seller of the phones and it's not ASUS. Samsung will on the other hand provide free screen protections, but these will usually be cheap. Remember, you pay what you get.

View post
"Samsung will on the other hand provide free screen protections, but these will usually be cheap. Remember, you pay what you get."
First of all samsung usually fixes most of its software before giving it to its users and samsung dont have any sound delay or freezing issues like asus. Its cheapest series can do better than asus rog 2 in gaming and recording gameplay. Talking about the thing you said, it is " i get for what i pay for" i dont have free money because money dont grow on trees (maybe for you)

Not applicable
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/89650#Comment_89650

"Samsung will on the other hand provide free screen protections, but these will usually be cheap. Remember, you pay what you get."

First of all samsung usually fixes most of its software before giving it to its users and samsung dont have any sound delay or freezing issues like asus. Its cheapest series can do better than asus rog 2 in gaming and recording gameplay. Talking about the thing you said, it is " i get for what i pay for" i dont have free money because money dont grow on trees (maybe for you)

View post
Forgot to mention that samsung and other companies stay updated with security patches of its mobile and releases updates and fixes, they also bring new features unlike asus. Delayed a10 update and delayed security patches and no new features!!! Hands off to asus i feel scammed.

Okay guys thanks for helping out. I really appreciate it as I can't afford to waste money. I need a phone that will work for 2-3 years at least. I really liked this phone until I have read reviews with so much issues