Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conexant Audio Driver Installation Fail

aaronb9605
Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Battery
Description: Windows 10 Pro 1903, 8GB Ram, i7-4510U 2.00Ghz (4 CPUs), Intel HD Graphics Family, NVIDIA GeForce 840M 2GB
Model: UX303LN
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes

Last edited by aaronb9605 on 2019/7/17 18:38 So from nowhere my internal speaker and audio jack stopped working. While my HDMI sound output was working perfectly that uses Intel Display Audio. I completely uninstalled the conexant audio driver and deleted the driver installation files. Navigated through Asus website to driver download sections. I choosed my CPU model and downloaded the conexant audio driver files to my laptop. When I try to install the driver I get the following error. Driver Installation Has Failed: Could not find the device for this driver. I also tried reinstalling the Intel Chipset Driver and the Power Management Driver. Could someone please help me?
5 REPLIES 5

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello aaronb9605, Please look in to your "Device Manager" is your built in speaker listed there? If not, please kindly back up your device and send it to local service center. Thank you for messaging us. Have a nice day.

aaronb9605
Star I
Hello, I managed to install AD2P Driver installation and then upgrading it using the conexant driver so the conexant is now listed in Sound section only of the device manager. But opening the driver details shows me a message about "request not being supported"

I have ASUS Vivobook S15 S510UN Model - X510UNR Windows-10 64-Bit Currently I have no default audio device listed in my playback devices in sounds. See the attachment. When I tried installing the driver from ASUS website - it has the same error 'Driver Installation Failed - Could not find the device for this driver'

schwark_kerry
Star I
I have this same problem; cannot install conexant audio driver for asus laptop, model x555q. Did you come up with a solution