This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning to buy the rog phone 2 strix edition

So I was planning to buy the rog phone 2 strix edition here in the Philippines but I have read so much issues about the rog phone 2 in general. May I please ask for your opinions if it's a good buy or will I just be wasting money for a faulty device?
Thanks ahead
64 REPLIES 64

OPC
Zen Master II
klintnathansoco

So I was planning to buy the rog phone 2 strix edition here in the Philippines but I have read so much issues about the rog phone 2 in general. May I please ask for your opinions if it's a good buy or will I just be wasting money for a faulty device?

Thanks ahead

Check out LTE bands supported by the Strix and bands used by service providers in Philippines. If it doesn't support bands used by local carriers you will not have 4G connectivity and you will be VERY disappointed. For me Strix would not work, only the 12/512 global edition. Otherwise I play a lot of Asphalt and for me it runs great.

Not applicable
klintnathansoco

Thanks ahead

DONT BUY IT IF YOU ARE GOING FOR GAMING! This phone is not worth calling a gaming phone. It has audio delay while recording or streaming. Pubg lags in custom rooms in pubgm and you cannot play competitive with this phone due to lag and sometimes freezing. This phone froze 2 times and it was not even responding to the power button. Thankfully i got it to restart both times and after restart it take too long to turn on too. People having issue with display and their display is burning due to heating of phone. Go for oneplus, iphone, samsung if you want good device and want to have no regrets. Dont ever buy asus specially for gaming. Developers are lazy hobos. Its been a decade since they added new features. They are fixing bugs that are not related to gaming. There are many bugs that are related to gaming but they never fix it. They fix bugs like facebook and stuff which i never experienced. They refused to fix the audio delay while recording or streaming which pisses me off the most considering it is a gaming phone with recording and streaming issue. The screen doesnt come with any protection and is easily scratched with normal usage so you will need to buy a screen protector. This phone restarts randomly, blsck screens and not turn on for few users, screen broke by putting it in pocket and much more. Search this forum for screen related issues and all the stuff. I posted suggestion way back but no one listen to me. DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE SPECIALLY IF YOU ARE A GAMER!!!!!!

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/30539/planning-to-buy-the-rog-phone-2-strix-edition

DONT BUY IT IF YOU ARE GOING FOR GAMING! This phone is not worth calling a gaming phone. It has audio delay while recording or streaming. Pubg lags in custom rooms in pubgm and you cannot play competitive with this phone due to lag and sometimes freezing. This phone froze 2 times and it was not even responding to the power button. Thankfully i got it to restart both times and after restart it take too long to turn on too. People having issue with display and their display is burning due to heating of phone. Go for oneplus, iphone, samsung if you want good device and want to have no regrets. Dont ever buy asus specially for gaming. Developers are lazy hobos. Its been a decade since they added new features. They are fixing bugs that are not related to gaming. There are many bugs that are related to gaming but they never fix it. They fix bugs like facebook and stuff which i never experienced. They refused to fix the audio delay while recording or streaming which pisses me off the most considering it is a gaming phone with recording and streaming issue. The screen doesnt come with any protection and is easily scratched with normal usage so you will need to buy a screen protector. This phone restarts randomly, blsck screens and not turn on for few users, screen broke by putting it in pocket and much more. Search this forum for screen related issues and all the stuff. I posted suggestion way back but no one listen to me. DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE SPECIALLY IF YOU ARE A GAMER!!!!!!

View post
When I record on COD, I don't have any issues - no lag and no delay in audio. So, I don't think just to say ASUS is a bad company is the right way. I had my phone since January and apart from some A10 issues I had no problems at all until now. I am comparing COD against PUBG, that's fine - I have played on PUBG before but I didn't like the game as much as I liked COD. Infact, if you look on Google, you will see other people having issues, not just ASUS users. Have you tried adjusting the options to reduce the quality? If you have terrible connection, then that can also be a factor to your delay problems while streaming.
Screen protectors are cheap to get, but if you have heard of the expression, what you pay for is what you get and you know you're going to be a "hardcore gamer", I think protection would of been a better idea. The more you look after your phone by putting on protection, phone scatches is not really a problem.
Phone restarting by itself and black screens - like most of the representative for ASUS here have said, take it to your service centre and have it examined. If you have done nothing wrong, why is it hard to take it there? To me, it sounds like heating issues and you get that with PC's too. The higher the power, the more cooling power you need, which is why they say PC's are always best for gaming. The other thing is it could be the software you have installed (from other places other than Google Play Store). So if you haven't done so already, try perfoming factory reset.
klintnathansoco

Thanks ahead

To the original poster, with ROG 3 coming out, I would recommend waiting for that if you can and if money isn't a problem. Otherwise, ROG 2 is still a good investment. If you're not bothered about headphone jacks and not having 5G, then definately ROG 3. Otherwise, ROG 2 is a better option.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
With regards to phone protections, most of the place I get my phone will come with screen protectors and cases. I think it depends on the seller of the phones and it's not ASUS. Samsung will on the other hand provide free screen protections, but these will usually be cheap. Remember, you pay what you get.