This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery charging problem

Saumya_kapoor
Star I
I bought rog 2, 8 months ago and now I'm facing the problem of Charging the phone I have to plug and unplug it often to get fast charging signal (++ mark) so please tell me that I have to change the charger/cable or its phone port fault. Im also using aero active cooler 2 and same happen if I plug charging in that too. Help ASAP
2 REPLIES 2

OPC
Zen Master II
In my case it was the cable. To be precise pins within metal jack on one side got damaged. If I would plug that side in the phone, whichever port, including cooler, I needed to constantly plug it in and out to get it charging. If I would plug that side of the cable into the charger, I would have the same problem on the charger side. That's how I discovered it was the cable and not the phone.
I bought the new USB-C 3.2 cable rated at 5A. You have to buy 5Ampere (100 W) cable to be sure it will charge fast.
It all happened just last week and the phone is 8 months old. So more or less identical as your case.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Saumya kapoor You might have a damaged cable similar to the user above, judging by the fact that it's doing the same thing when you have the fan connected to the side port.