This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenfone Max pro m2 bugs and missing feature.

rana_vishal73
Rising Star I
the latest beta update bugs
the sound is not as loud as pie stable the bass is not great
the audio from headphone is not good as pie plz provide asus Dolby so that we can adjust bass and equalizer.
camera app is great but the quality of pic is not good the quality of front camera is worst without beautification mode the photo clicked get automatically beautify details are missing in the picture clicked from front facing camera and back camera.
camera does not have slow motion support the most requested feature by all from the launch of the phone.
no gaming mode as it is launched and advertised as the gaming phone during launch.
the upload speed from WiFi network does not go beyond 3.5 MB's as my plan support the upload speed of 10 MB's
when we click on whatsapp notification on the notification panel the notification panel does not close it self but the whatsapp is open in the background.
the max brightness has been reduced from pie
the screen does not have rounded corner
we cant do direct video calling through sim as this featured is locked in the setting, i don't know why asus is forcing its customer to use their data for video calls as the network itself provide video calling feature to its customer without using their phone data i think their software department are filled with dumb people so they don't have appropriate knowledge about software and other stuff.
further as i found other bugs i will notify it.
14 REPLIES 14

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
rana.vishal73

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/87266#Comment_87266

1. the font camera apply's the beautification mode to the photo when the beautification mode is off.

View post
Hi rana.vishal73,
Was this behavior appearing in previous versions?

rana_vishal73
Rising Star I
Y_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/87377#Comment_87377

Hi rana.vishal73,

Was this behavior appearing in previous versions?

View post
Yes in previous and the latest version both have this issue.

rana_vishal73
Rising Star I
Y_ASUS

Hi rana.vishal73,

1. The volume low behavior is expected to be improved through a future firmware update.

We will notify you once it is released.

2. Headphone quality is expected to be improved through a future firmware update.

We will notify you once it is released.

3. Because of the all-screen display design, the receiver output hole is closer to the edge than the previous design, which may cause different experience from the user. Therefore, when answering the call, please fine-tune the gesture to avoid the ear covering the receiver output hole causing the sound to be low.

We also suggest that you clean the receiver with a soft brush.

4. Could you show us a short video of this behavior?

Do you have any screen protectors installed? If yes, please check if removing the screen protector improves the problem.

To monitor the battery usage, please go to Settings>>Battery>>More>>Battery usage, and stop or reinstall the high battery usage apps.

These are our suggestions to improve the battery drain problem: https://www.asus.com/IN/support/FAQ/1041741

These are our tips to maintain a healthy battery using habit: https://www.asus.com/in/support/FAQ/1009546 

If your phone is over one year of use, you may go to service center to check the battery health (life cycle remain), and check if replacing a new battery is needed.

6. How long does it take to fully charge?

We would like to understand whether you're using the ASUS original charger. We suggest that you try with new cables and check again. 

Please also note that "fast charging/charging rapidly" appears after a few minutes when you plug in your charger. Please make sure to check your lock screen after a few minutes.

Furthermore, there are some scenarios that may affect the fast charging status: 

A.   If the system is under high resource usage (high temp) or the battery level is over 85%, the device will trigger a protection mechanism, which lowers the charging current.

B.   Check if there is some object or stain in the charging port. We recommend to use a soft brush to clean the charging port.

C.      We recommend to test charging in safe mode. How to enter safe mode: https://www.asus.com/IN/support/FAQ/1005163

If in safe mode, the problem is not observed, the system performance may be affected by 3rd apps. We recommend to factory reset the system. 

If the charging status is still unstable in safe mode, we recommend to go to repair center for further checking. 

7. WiFi or data speed will be affected by the environment and the corresponding network settings

The actual transmission speed will decrease according to the interference of the signal in the environment

Furthermore, we suggest you troubleshoot the problem by referring to the suggestions:

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1012408/

8. We've checked with the relevant team about this behavior. 

Is your phone originally in horizontal mode, and then you tap the notification, the phone goes to whatsapp in protrait mode?

9. About how long does it take? Does it appear every time? What's your navigation bar type? Could you show us a short video of the problem?

10. The brightness curve is designed differently from Android Pie. It has been confirmed by relevant teams that the brightness design in Android 10 is a normal behavior. Users would not have to worry.

11. Could you show us a screenshot of the intensity level of Night light that you feel is too high?

12. Are you using gesture navigation? We tested gesture navigation on PUBG, and after swiping the notification panel down, then swipe it up, it doesn't take us to the home screen, only after swiping it up the second time does it take us to the home screen.

Thank you. 🙂

View post
3 . As said above if it would be the receiver issue the how come when someone calls from other network like airtel to jio the audio is loud enough but when someone call from the same operator the audio quality decreases if it would be receiver issue then we can see it in each and every call this issue was present in pie also and now continued to Android 10 but it was not present in Oreo update.
4 . If we enable new notification option by going to setting - display - advance - lock screen display then we press lock screen button then the screen flashes again see video for more details

5 . idle battery drain is the old issue of asus zenfone max pro m2
6 . I don't know the exact charging time but it is some what slow compared to pie.
8 . Notification bug when ever i am playing clash of clan and message come in whatsapp the notification bar does not slide up further it happen all the time with other apps to the notification slide do not go up by it's own like message notification also do the same thing but when we are in home screen and not using any app the notification panel slide it self up when we click on notification.

9 . after exiting from pubg the home screen take some seconds to come to portrait mode from landscape mode.

11 . it cannot be noticed in the screenshot just compare pie with android 10 you would come to know when we keep night mode on and at the lowest point you can see the difference.
12 . That issue occurs after constant playing of pubg means after playing pubg for more than 30 minutes before we have to swipe twice to go to home screen but after 30 minutes a single swipe take us to home screen.
13 . Fingerprint swipe up and down for notification gesture is also missing.
14 . Multi-user option is still not added in the setting why this is present in each and every stock android phone.
15 . I don't know about your software team but i think they don't know programming as they are not adding any new feature but they are also not capable to solve bugs therefore each and every update gives new bugs to the phone if you want to give bugs then give bugs with some newly added features.
16 . Taking future product suggestion is OK but what about the existing users who do not get the real stock android features and the company calls it pure stock android phone then why we are limited to the features of stock android you can see Motorola as a brand with pure stock android feature they have added extra features too but your team members aren't capable of giving the basic stock android feature further you are removing some of the useful feature of stock android and you are saying we would consider for future design is it a joke.
17 . Native video calling even android one device support it but your developer eat money from google so they are not giving us this feature and promoting google app which uses data so plz provide us free data too so that we can seamlessly use google duo without worrying about the data.
18 . If your developer can't provide slow motion camera so how 3rd party apps are capable of recording slow motion video is it a joke or you are making your customer fool.
19 . This would be mine last asus phone because this company only make fun of their customer as their software team is just a shitty people playing games around the corner but can't give new features can't add the new stock features they can only remove the basic feature and say it won't support your device then how come custom os developer can make it possible.
20 . The joke statement by asus which they always give that their team is working round the clock then how come an android 10 update which was launched on 3 September 2019 officially and beta version released on 31st jan 2020 now the month is june which means 5 months have gone and your team which is working round the clock are unable to solve bugs now round the clock dose not effect me because it is the last update and it is my last asus phone further i won't suggest this brand to anyone.
Further all the link are attached of the video you can review it.

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi rana.vishal73,
8.Thanks for your information. After checking with relevant teams, this behavior may appear when using horizontal/portrait apps and tapping notifications from portrait/horizontal apps, and it is confirmed to be a Google behavior. Thanks for your understanding.

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
rana.vishal73

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/89469#Comment_89469

3 . As said above if it would be the receiver issue the how come when someone calls from other network like airtel to jio the audio is loud enough but when someone call from the same operator the audio quality decreases if it would be receiver issue then we can see it in each and every call this issue was present in pie also and now continued to Android 10 but it was not present in Oreo update.

4 . If we enable new notification option by going to setting - display - advance - lock screen display then we press lock screen button then the screen flashes again see video for more details

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/3ZKRUT4Z6L5L/vid-20200616-165348-trim1.mp4

5 . idle battery drain is the old issue of asus zenfone max pro m2

6 . I don't know the exact charging time but it is some what slow compared to pie.

8 . Notification bug when ever i am playing clash of clan and message come in whatsapp the notification bar does not slide up further it happen all the time with other apps to the notification slide do not go up by it's own like message notification also do the same thing but when we are in home screen and not using any app the notification panel slide it self up when we click on notification.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/4WH3IXHVHLA1/vid-20200616-134003-trim.mp4

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/OOYJ7O9RK92M/vid-20200616-134054.mp4

9 . after exiting from pubg the home screen take some seconds to come to portrait mode from landscape mode.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/FCQR9YV7J1E9/vid-20200616-152017.mp4

11 . it cannot be noticed in the screenshot just compare pie with android 10 you would come to know when we keep night mode on and at the lowest point you can see the difference.

12 . That issue occurs after constant playing of pubg means after playing pubg for more than 30 minutes before we have to swipe twice to go to home screen but after 30 minutes a single swipe take us to home screen.

13 . Fingerprint swipe up and down for notification gesture is also missing.

14 . Multi-user option is still not added in the setting why this is present in each and every stock android phone.

15 . I don't know about your software team but i think they don't know programming as they are not adding any new feature but they are also not capable to solve bugs therefore each and every update gives new bugs to the phone if you want to give bugs then give bugs with some newly added features.

16 . Taking future product suggestion is OK but what about the existing users who do not get the real stock android features and the company calls it pure stock android phone then why we are limited to the features of stock android you can see Motorola as a brand with pure stock android feature they have added extra features too but your team members aren't capable of giving the basic stock android feature further you are removing some of the useful feature of stock android and you are saying we would consider for future design is it a joke.

17 . Native video calling even android one device support it but your developer eat money from google so they are not giving us this feature and promoting google app which uses data so plz provide us free data too so that we can seamlessly use google duo without worrying about the data.

18 . If your developer can't provide slow motion camera so how 3rd party apps are capable of recording slow motion video is it a joke or you are making your customer fool.

19 . This would be mine last asus phone because this company only make fun of their customer as their software team is just a shitty people playing games around the corner but can't give new features can't add the new stock features they can only remove the basic feature and say it won't support your device then how come custom os developer can make it possible.

20 . The joke statement by asus which they always give that their team is working round the clock then how come an android 10 update which was launched on 3 September 2019 officially and beta version released on 31st jan 2020 now the month is june which means 5 months have gone and your team which is working round the clock are unable to solve bugs now round the clock dose not effect me because it is the last update and it is my last asus phone further i won't suggest this brand to anyone.

Further all the link are attached of the video you can review it.

View post
14. Multi user feature is disabled by default in android asop and manufacturer's has to do a lot of work to get it to work (source:https://source.android.com/devices/tech/admin/multi-user )