This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus becomes an verified unity engine partner

Aryan202
Community Legend I
ROG Phone SDK for Unity helps game devs support ROG Phone II and 3Most android games (codm,pubgm) have been made using unity engine
A partnership between Asus and unity means better in engine optimisation for Rog and better compatibility with Asus proprietary stuff (air triggers) and various accessories
Asus Rog phone 2 and 3 SDK will be open source to all the developers using unity engine for their games
That's a great news for both the upcoming Rog 3 and the Rog phone 2
It's good that Asus decided to include the Rog 2 in the program too

11 REPLIES 11

hashcheck
Star II
Latest version of war games crashes when using twinview dock 2... So angry I bought this overpriced Accessory

Android
Rising Star I
jyun88

Hope Asus will work with Tencent's game on global version device as well.

China's moba game is really addictive even I can't read chinese,i totally in love with the game.

View post
I would rather ASUS keep the Tencent bloatware/spyware in the Tencent Edition and away from the Global versions. Part of the ROG Phone's appeal is having a near stock and clean installation of the Android operating system. There's a reason why the Tencent Edition is cheaper.
Tencent is also NOT a game engine company. Some of their games like Call of Duty: Mobile and Arena of Valor are developed through the Unity game engine, meaning that any games Tencent developed under that engine can be optimized WITHOUT Tencent's malware. If ASUS also partners with Unreal Engine then you can expect other Tencent games like PUBG Mobile to also be optimized.
If all versions of the ROG Phone III have Tencent's malware preinstalled than I'm either not buying it or install a custom OS. The risk of breaking my device is worth the removal of Tencent bloatware.

jyun88
Rising Star II
Jandroid

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/86810#Comment_86810

I would rather ASUS keep the Tencent bloatware/spyware in the Tencent Edition and away from the Global versions. Part of the ROG Phone's appeal is having a near stock and clean installation of the Android operating system. There's a reason why the Tencent Edition is cheaper.

Tencent is also NOT a game engine company. Some of their games like Call of Duty: Mobile and Arena of Valor are developed through the Unity game engine, meaning that any games Tencent developed under that engine can be optimized WITHOUT Tencent's malware. If ASUS also partners with Unreal Engine then you can expect other Tencent games like PUBG Mobile to also be optimized.

If all versions of the ROG Phone III have Tencent's malware preinstalled than I'm either not buying it or install a custom OS. The risk of breaking my device is worth the removal of Tencent bloatware.

View post
Hmm... Agree

Cenimm
Rising Star I
What about unreal? Or is that engine not big in the Mobil game industry?

Android
Rising Star I
Cenimm

What about unreal? Or is that engine not big in the Mobil game industry?

View post
When developing games specifically for mobile, most developers in the industry prefer the Unity Engine over Unreal Engine because it's more lightweight and is also better for developing 2D games. Unreal Engine is powerful and is definitely the engine of choice for developing AAA titles but not so much for mobile titles.
The kind of mobile games I think of that makes use of Unreal Engine are games that are originally developed for PC and consoles that are then given a mobile version. Examples would be games like Fortnite and ARK: Survival Evolved which were developed in Unreal Engine 4 for the PC and consoles first and then put on mobile later on.