This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Show touches" option isn't disabling throughout the UI when screen recorder crashes unexpectedly

ajai_mm
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 5Z (ASUS_Z01RD)
Firmware Version: 100.10.107.87_20200520
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Consistent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Screen Recorder (Native) v1.0.0.96_191018
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Summary : Show touches is not disabling in the system level when the recorder is killed unexpectedly while an on going recording session with show touches option enabled in the recorder's settings.

System Info:
Model name : Asus Zenfone 5Z (ASUS_Z01RD)
Build info: WW_Z01RD-user 10 QKQ1.191008.001 WW_user_100.10.107.87_20200520 release-keys
Serial number: J5AAGF016150PCY

Steps to reproduce :
1. Start native screen recording from quick tiles.
2. Go to settings of screen recorder and turn on "Show touches" option, if already enabled leave as is.
3. While the native screen recorder records in this setting, reboot the system.
4. When it boots back, show touches is enabled and shows throughout the phone's UI.

Workaround tried :
* Killed screen recorder from the recent apps menu
* Cleared cache of the screen recorder
* Cleared storage of the screen recorder, force stopped the app and cleared it from the recent apps menu.
* Rebooted the system to safe mode.

Nothing really helped. It turns off and gets back to normal state only when we toggle the "Show Touches" option off from the developers option.

The reboot action isn't strictly peculiar because reboot can happen any time. In my case, battery was over and it switched off while a screen recording session was going on.

Please fix this glitch.

Thanks
Ajai
3 REPLIES 3

ajai_mm
Star I
Any updates on this??

victor010
Zen Master III
Hi there, we are checking the same with the relevant team.

Ajai
Star I
Any update @Victor0_ASUS ?