This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 (12/512) Freezes and Auto Restart Problem

Jerel
Star I
Help... ..,my phone suddenly freezes from time to time especially while playing. (less than 2 hours of playing)
Back, home and recent buttons doesn't work and then auto restarts after 1 min of hung time.
Settings are mostly default (60 hz refresh rate, X-mode off, system lighting off) but still builds up heat fast even after only 1 game of asphalt.
Thinking of going to Factory Reset the phone or try to actually ask the ROG concept store to replace the unit of the problem still exist.
113 REPLIES 113

Anders_ASUS

ROG Phone II doesn't have the same issue as ZenFone 6 did. They have completely different design.

@Jerel the phone might get hot but it shouldn't restart. Have you already tried factory reset? Did it help or did you send your phone for repair?

View post
Please send me log on what to do... My phone restarts while charging

Anders_ASUS

@koi & @mayankbajpai90 I need your help to troubleshoot this issue. I've sent you both a private message (envelope in top right corner) containing a log tool and instructions on how to proceed. Thank you!

View post
Kindly send me the same... I'm have the same issue

koi
Star II
Okey, I did re flash my phone from android 9, and updated it by EACH available update... Until the latest update last week... Though manually updating the phone is tidious because it shuts down a lot of times before successfully updating to each patch... And here are the fixed issues:
1) i can now charge my phone properly (though I have to turn it off first to continuously charge it
2) i can now use the phone for longer times for Facebook, Net Browsing, Netflix and Youtube
3) it reboots normally now, before you need to turn it back on a lot of times before you can successfully boot to home screen
What was NOT fixed though is the same fkn problem when gaming, it dies everytime i play games! And cant even pass level 2 of antutu test.
Ironically, the GAMING BEAST of phones can only be used for Leisure, not games!
And come to think of it because lots are experiencing the same problem, If this is really a hardware issue, doesnt it concern Asus to do a recall for all the Units, which may taint Asus' reputation for QUALITY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES? just a thought though...
Right now, Im downloading the firmware for downgrading to android 9 and to check (hopefully ) if it resolves anything... Since this problem started when i upgraded to android 10.

Aminfikhri
Star II
koi

Okey, I did re flash my phone from android 9, and updated it by EACH available update... Until the latest update last week... Though manually updating the phone is tidious because it shuts down a lot of times before successfully updating to each patch... And here are the fixed issues:

1) i can now charge my phone properly (though I have to turn it off first to continuously charge it

2) i can now use the phone for longer times for Facebook, Net Browsing, Netflix and Youtube

3) it reboots normally now, before you need to turn it back on a lot of times before you can successfully boot to home screen

What was NOT fixed though is the same fkn problem when gaming, it dies everytime i play games! And cant even pass level 2 of antutu test.

Ironically, the GAMING BEAST of phones can only be used for Leisure, not games!

And come to think of it because lots are experiencing the same problem, If this is really a hardware issue, doesnt it concern Asus to do a recall for all the Units, which may taint Asus' reputation for QUALITY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES? just a thought though...

Right now, Im downloading the firmware for downgrading to android 9 and to check (hopefully ) if it resolves anything... Since this problem started when i upgraded to android 10.

View post
In my case,this problem reduce a bit..but it still gets a random reboot while gaming..

koi
Star II
Aminfikhri

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/88928#Comment_88928

In my case,this problem reduce a bit..but it still gets a random reboot while gaming..

View post
I havent downgraded yet cause the lastest update reduced the issue a bit yeah. I can now play Mobile Legends as long as i want without shutting down as long as it is set to the lowest settings with x mode on still at the lowest setting and only at 60hz. Anything higher on those setting will shutdown. That's an improvement in the latest Update.
Still, even at xmode's lowest settings, Asphalt and Grid Autosport shuts down...
And ASUS havent found that A10 Bug yet?
Asked my seller and they said, it will take 3 months to and from china to get this fixed...
I really wanted to be sure that this isnt a software issue, because come'on ASUS, that's 3 months and who knows what, because of Covid, it could take a lot longer!
Continuously charge on 12W fast charger. Wont work if anything higher than that.