Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 5z - No service

pretender777
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 5z ASUS_Z01RD
Firmware Version: I cannot find it, not appearing in settings>about phone>hardware information
Software info: WW_100.01.44.98_20191115
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): n/a
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Had his issue before, then updating from android 9 to 10 somehow helpe fixing the issue

tried rebooting multiple times, factory reset. same issue

using test mode #*#4636#*#, it shows that the mobile radio power is off

9 REPLIES 9

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi mom.doggone@gmail.com
Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we could better assist you.
1. Your current firmware version
Setting >System>About Phone>Software information
2. What do you mean "lost service"? Does the device lost both SIM signal and WiFi signal?
3. Please enter "Safe Mode", does the issue remain the same? If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.
# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"
[Phone/Pad] How to Enter and Exit Safe Mode? | Official Support | ASUS Global4. Check on SMMI test
Calculator> type ".12345+=">SMMI TEST>Single Test>Wi-Fi Test/SIM Signal Test

Furthermore, please try the steps below as manual upgrade guide.
1. Downlaod firmware file on a PC, put the file into root storage via micro sd card or cable
2. Reboot your phone and check for the firmware update notification pop-up
3. Tap "System Update File Detected..." and follow the steps shown to update the firmware.
Please note that once the update is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted. Kindly backup your data first. Also, please reply me your current firmware version first so that I could suggest you the right firmware file to download.
#Firmware Update Guide
[Zenfone] How to update firmware on my phone? | Official Support | ASUS Global

ZT-e71566cd
Star I
I have the same problem but it happened right after ASUS gave me an update on June 6th. The internet and WIFI and phone service were working absolutely fine before that. My phone is only 9 months old. It says the I was updated to OS 9. I've tried everything to get it to work. I want my service back!

ZT-e71566cd
Star I
Software Information: WW_ZS620KL_90.11.162.111_20191008
Do you need anything else? I tried everything that has been suggested.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi mom.doggone@gmail.com
Since you already lost the signal, please backup your data via USB cable and do the factory reset: Settings>System>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)

If the situation remains the same, please download WW-100.04.44.98 (Android Q) in PC>put the file in micro sd card>insert the card in phone>move the file to root storage of the phone>reboot your phone and check for the firmware update notification pop-up>tap "System Update File Detected..." and follow the steps shown to update the firmware.
#ZS620KL Firmware Spot
https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone-5Z-ZS620KL/HelpDesk_BIOS/
#[Zenfone] How to update firmware on my phone? (manual update)
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1009748/

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Alwyn
Rising Star I
Christine_ASUS

Hi mom.doggone@gmail.com

Since you already lost the signal, please backup your data via USB cable and do the factory reset: Settings>System>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)

If the situation remains the same, please download WW-100.04.44.98 (Android Q) in PC>put the file in micro sd card>insert the card in phone>move the file to root storage of the phone>reboot your phone and check for the firmware update notification pop-up>tap "System Update File Detected..." and follow the steps shown to update the firmware.

#ZS620KL Firmware Spot

https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone-5Z-ZS620KL/HelpDesk_BIOS/

#[Zenfone] How to update firmware on my phone? (manual update)

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1009748/

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

View post
Done boys, I didn't capture good picture it was still blur. I assume it's an hardware issue and it's cause us to pay for it. Glad this phone servived 2 years with me. Changing my phone but, not going for Asus anymore!!