This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMA SERVICE IS A SCAM - PLEASE READ!!!

rjay
Star III
MY ROG 2 PHONE DISPLAY RANDOMLY DIED, I SENT THIS IN TO RMA AND THEY ARE SAYING 5 DAYS AFTER RECEIVING IT THAT IT IS OUT OF WARRANTY AND IS A CUSTOMER INDUCED DAMAGE. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? YOU ARE ASKING ME TO PAY TO FIX YOUR HARDWARE DEFECT WHEN IT IS UNDER WARRANTY?? YOU GUYS ARE A FKIN JOKE, I DISPUTED THIS IMMEDIATELY WITH MY BANK AND THEY RETURNED MY MONEY. I HAVE BEEN OUT OF A WORKING PHONE FOR WEEKS NOW, THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!! THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL PHONE BUT I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN SUPPORT A CHEAT COMPANY LIKE THIS. I NOW HAVE TO DECIDE IF I WANT TO PURCHASE ANOTHER ONE OR GO WITH SAMSUNG LIKE I'VE BEEN DOING FOR THE PAST DECADE.
FOR ANYONE THAT ENCOUNTERS A DEFECT WITH THEIR PHONE, DON'T SEND IT TO RMA. THEY ARE LIARS, YOU ARE SERIOUSLY MUCH BETTER OFF DISPUTING IT WITH YOUR BANK. I GOT MY MONEY BACK ALMOST INSTANTLY, AND I'M NOT WORRIED ABOUT LOSING THE CLAIM BECAUSE I HAVE ALL THE PROOF I NEED THAT NOT ONLY SHOWS THIS WAS A HARDWARE DEFECT, BUT THAT ASUS SERVICE CENTERS ARE A BUNCH OF FKIN SCAM ARTISTS.
I WILL ALSO CHANGE MY REVIEW FROM 5 STARS TO 1 STARS AND I WILL POST A NEW YOUTUBE VIDEO TO MY MILLIONS OF FOLLOWERS SHOWING HOW TERRIBLE THE RMA PROCESS IS AND WHY GOING THROUGH THE BANK IS MUCH EASIER.
ASUS, DON'T BOTHER SENDING ME PRIVATE MESSAGES TRYING TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE. YOU GUYS FAILED TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE APPROPRIATELY, SO I SOLVED IT MYSELF.
18 REPLIES 18

rjay
Star III
This was the repair center in Grapevine Texas. They sent a picture of the "chip" and I just received the phone today. What a fkin joke, the picture they sent me vs what I actually see are different in the sense that in the picture they took it in a way where it made the "chip" look as bad as it can possibly be. Now that I have the phone in my hand, this "chip" is literally just a small scratch that doesn't even extend to the screen. I absolutely took pictures of my phone right before I shipped it, this small scratch was not there.
This scratch was obviously done at the ASUS center, because I saw a video on how to fix the screen display. You have to take a very sharp knife and essentially scratch the entire back off because it is held by glue. Clearly whoever took apart my phone wasn't careful and scratched the body. Not only that, but because I had a weird feeling that ASUS might try something like this I made sure to bubblewrap this phone to hell.... It is a thousand dollar phone after all!
Also, ASUS doesnt wrap the phone good at all when they send it back to you. They literally just stick the phone between two cheap peices of foam....
Regardless, I'm still shocked that ASUS is saying the reason the display doesn't work and the battery doesn't charge is because of a small scratch on the body of the phone. I went through a few Samsung phones and dropped their phones to shit, and they still work perfectly fine even with a messed up body.
To the ASUS rep, there is no point in giving you this information because your "follow-up" doesn't resolve my issue. This seems like a hardware issue that is starting to crop up for many users, and I created this thread to warn users of your scam tactics.
Again I repeat, DISPUTE WITH YOUR BANK, ASUS DOESN'T HONOR THEIR WARRANTY WORTH A SHIT.

Lxndr
Star II
Grapevine is where my phone is right now. I paid their fee and if they send my phone back less than perfect, I'm going to be livid. (I mean I already am, but I'm tired of this)

rjay
Star III
Why did you pay? You should have disputed this with your bank, that way instead of getting back a phone that got torn open apart just to be fixed, you could have gotten your money back for a brand new phone (you would have also gotten a spare charger,case,cooler,etc).
ASUS basically just came up an extra 200-300 dollars on your phone sale because they want to be scummy and not honor their warranty. Its insane how in the last week this exact issue has suddenly been propping up in the forums. This is good though, because when a bank checks this forum before they give you your money back they will see the proof....

Lxndr
Star II
rjay

Why did you pay? You should have disputed this with your bank, that way instead of getting back a phone that got torn open apart just to be fixed, you could have gotten your money back for a brand new phone (you would have also gotten a spare charger,case,cooler,etc).

ASUS basically just came up an extra 200-300 dollars on your phone sale because they want to be scummy and not honor their warranty. Its insane how in the last week this exact issue has suddenly been propping up in the forums. This is good though, because when a bank checks this forum before they give you your money back they will see the proof....

View post
I paid because I just wanted it to be over with. It was more stress than it was worth. The best I was able to get was a """"discount""" on their repair fee. They may have extracted 168 extra bucks from me on this phone, but they lost a 3k sale, since I had been planning on buying an i9 ProDuo from them at the end of the summer. I just want my cool garbage phone back so I can duct tape it to a pillow and never leave the house.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
rjay

This was the repair center in Grapevine Texas. They sent a picture of the "chip" and I just received the phone today. What a fkin joke, the picture they sent me vs what I actually see are different in the sense that in the picture they took it in a way where it made the "chip" look as bad as it can possibly be. Now that I have the phone in my hand, this "chip" is literally just a small scratch that doesn't even extend to the screen. I absolutely took pictures of my phone right before I shipped it, this small scratch was not there.

This scratch was obviously done at the ASUS center, because I saw a video on how to fix the screen display. You have to take a very sharp knife and essentially scratch the entire back off because it is held by glue. Clearly whoever took apart my phone wasn't careful and scratched the body. Not only that, but because I had a weird feeling that ASUS might try something like this I made sure to bubblewrap this phone to hell.... It is a thousand dollar phone after all!

Also, ASUS doesnt wrap the phone good at all when they send it back to you. They literally just stick the phone between two cheap peices of foam....

Regardless, I'm still shocked that ASUS is saying the reason the display doesn't work and the battery doesn't charge is because of a small scratch on the body of the phone. I went through a few Samsung phones and dropped their phones to shit, and they still work perfectly fine even with a messed up body.

To the ASUS rep, there is no point in giving you this information because your "follow-up" doesn't resolve my issue. This seems like a hardware issue that is starting to crop up for many users, and I created this thread to warn users of your scam tactics.

Again I repeat, DISPUTE WITH YOUR BANK, ASUS DOESN'T HONOR THEIR WARRANTY WORTH A SHIT.

View post
If you provide me with the RMA number I can follow up with them and see what happened. Without that I have no ability to investigate your claim.