Quarter
Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Grey lines and green flicker on webcam when using AC power
Model: UX533FD
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

Last edited by Quarter on 2019/12/9 09:37 As described above, the webcam image has grey lines and occasional green flickers. This only occurs when AC power is plugged in, everything works perfectly when using battery. I have removed and re-installed drivers with no success. This is a brand new laptop that I removed from the box yesterday. I see that there are two other questions with the same issue, but no answer has been provided. Is this a hardware issue and do I need to return my laptop or is there a software fix?
294 REPLIES 294

I am having the same problem on my Q Series Laptop, Model Q536FD SN K2N0CV029502077
I wasn't having this issue until I updated the bios last week because of a problem I started having with the bluetooth not being found.
Thank goodness I found this post because I never thought of unplugging the PC to see if that was the problem. Sure enough when I am running on battery only, not AC, no flickering.
The Bios version I upgraded to was Bios 306 dated 05/25/2020. I'm not sure what it was previously. Is there any way to back out the bios update?
This PC is a bit over a year old.

stefanozot
Star I
@Blake_ASUS Same problem here, on a brand new UX392F. Any fixes for that?

stefanozot
Star I
stefanozot

@Blake_ASUS Same problem here, on a brand new UX392F. Any fixes for that?

View post
* UX392FN

raysalter
Star I
I am having the same problems on my nearly new (but not used due to COVID) laptop Vivibook S15 S530FN Serial Number K9N0CX03P210378.
The retailer cant see the flicker but a webtest and it shows up every time and very noticeable on zoom. Stripes and image jumps up. Help!

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello @gubiczak ,
Your model has been reported.

Hello @TerAn @TimsonC200 @Liviu @stefanozot
BIOS provided in PM

Hello @carmengina ,
BIOS in PM , English only, sorry.

Hello @bcornell.bgoat ,
Thank you for the information.
Your reported has been reported.