This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[5Z ZS620KL] Slow Wifi speed after july update

cAmiat
Star I
My phone has been getting slow wifi speeds after the update. Connecting to internet times out and watching videos will also fail partway.
I tried downgrading by downloading the previous OTA update and sideloading it with ADB, but the device aborts with error code 1 (can't downgrade to update older than installed update).
Is there a way for me to downgrade an update?
screenshot-20200613-022432491.png

I tried resetting network settings, but it's still the same results. Other devices on the same network habe no issues with connections, so it's definitely not a problem with the internet, but with the phone.
6 REPLIES 6

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi friends,
Thank you all for your asking.
>Downgrade
Please perform Android Q downgrade to P (2019/12/26) first, then auto upgrade one by one till the Android P version you like.
#ZS620KL Firmware Spot
https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone-5Z-ZS620KL/HelpDesk_BIOS/

>WiFi Issue
Try to enter "Safe Mode" first. If wifi works well in "Safe Mode", please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party Apps
#How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/
2. For "doing network reset", do you mean "Network settings reset" on phone or on the router?
3. Check SMMI test
Calculator> type ".12345+=">SMMI TEST>Single Test>WiFi Test

cAmiat
Star I
I tried downgrading to android P via adb sideload, but the error still persists
Update package is older than the current build, expected a build newer than timestamp 1589945520 but package has timestamp 1570516830 and downgrade not allowed.

Instsall from ADB completed with status 1.
Installation aborted.

Okay, I downloaded the downgrade package and was then able to downgrade when I transferred it to the sdcard. On the other hand, the only complaint I have is that the downgrade reset my phone and I wasn't able to make backups and lost everything 😠