Did you mean: 

Wide Color Gamut, Splendid Problem

Abhinav
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Z01RD
Firmware Version: 100.10.107.87
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime whenever I See or check or do the test.
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Display Tester App by Braintrapp and Within System UI.
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
The problem is recently I tested the "Wide Color Gamut" test and what I saw that Display just shows oversaturated Colors and doesn't show any effects of "Wide Color Gamut".
I 100% remember this problem was not there in Android 9. Please don't say It's Android 10's problem. I'm sure it's due to some miss calibration of colors in Splendid App itself.
Just Install the Display Tester app by Braintrapp and do the "Wide Color Gamut" test. I don't want OLED like looking colors or any oversaturated colors just maintain the default "Wide Color Gamut" not so oversaturated colors. Bring back the old "WCG" performance. Bring back old good Splendid.
Just give a real Good LCD performance.
@aamod.v8 @amitgarde3 @BrunoF20

@CH_ASUS@Anders_ASUS
6 REPLIES 6

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Abhinav

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus Z01RD
  2. Firmware Version: 100.10.107.87
  3. Rooted or not: Not Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime whenever I See or check or do the test.
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Display Tester App by Braintrapp and Within System UI.

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

The problem is recently I tested the "Wide Color Gamut" test and what I saw that Display just shows oversaturated Colors and doesn't show any effects of "Wide Color Gamut".

I 100% remember this problem was not there in Android 9. Please don't say It's Android 10's problem. I'm sure it's due to some miss calibration of colors in Splendid App itself.

Just Install the Display Tester app by Braintrapp and do the "Wide Color Gamut" test. I don't want OLED like looking colors or any oversaturated colors just maintain the default "Wide Color Gamut" not so oversaturated colors. Bring back the old "WCG" performance. Bring back old good Splendid.

Just give a real Good LCD performance.

@aamod.v8 @amitgarde3 @BrunoF20

@CH_ASUS@Anders_ASUS

Wide Color Gamut, Splendid Problem
I agree in A10 Oversaturation is orange shade due to which colors get bit muted or low and at some scenes sharpness is gone asus should look into this
A8 & A9 HAD best splendid calibrations without effecting sharpness of display even after setting pointer at higher yellow side

Abhinav
Zen Master I
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/30434/wide-color-gamut-splendid-problem

I agree in A10 Oversaturation is orange shade due to which colors get bit muted or low and at some scenes sharpness is gone asus should look into this

A8 & A9 HAD best splendid calibrations without effecting sharpness of display even after setting pointer at higher yellow side

View post
I use Normal Mode to counter over saturation.
But the colors are bit muted to my taste.
WCG was best in a8 and in a9. Let's see what mods reply. 😃

sidarya31
Rising Star II
Yup in last few days i also have observed that there's something wrong with splendid, after playing 4k HDR videos on YouTube the screen got over saturated n remains same after closing that video, which wasn't happened earlier, every time i have to turn ON n OFF night light to get back to standard colour profile.

Abhinav
Zen Master I
sidarya31

Yup in last few days i also have observed that there's something wrong with splendid, after playing 4k HDR videos on YouTube the screen got over saturated n remains same after closing that video, which wasn't happened earlier, every time i have to turn ON n OFF night light to get back to standard colour profile.

View post
Do you use "WCG" or normal profile?
Does this problem comes in with both the above profile?
Or just with WCG (Wide Color Gamut) mode?