This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls not received. Texts delayed.

justinleon2113
Star III
Hello. Just upgraded to the ZenFone 6 (Edition 30) over the new year and notice that many calls from family and friends are going straight to voicemail. I tested this with a friend in the room, and out of 5 attempts, only 3 made the phone ring. Many important calls for business do not ring at all. I am using Ultra Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO) and have done the usual run-around (reset phone, empty cache, check all settings for fowarding, DND, and such). Even on a fresh install, it is experiencing the same phenomenon. I tried a different phone and it seemed to consistently work...I'll keep testing.
I wanted to see if anyone else had issues with not getting calls or texts (irrespective of carrier) or if it could be just carrier issues for me. I have great coverage in my area, thus it is not like I am roaming or disconnected. Thank you for the help.
159 REPLIES 159

dt808
Rising Star I
so I missed an important call this past Friday and several others before that. it happened while I was on wifi at home. today I did a text message mfa that came through ok but about 5mins later I did it again from the same site and the text didn't come through. I waited about 30secs then turned off wifi on my phone and the text immediately came through. I turned on wifi and decided to try again and the text immediately came through. I stayed in the same spot of my house the whole time.
so confused.

petteyg359
Star III
dt808

so I missed an important call this past Friday and several others before that. it happened while I was on wifi at home. today I did a text message mfa that came through ok but about 5mins later I did it again from the same site and the text didn't come through. I waited about 30secs then turned off wifi on my phone and the text immediately came through. I turned on wifi and decided to try again and the text immediately came through. I stayed in the same spot of my house the whole time.

so confused.

View post
Yep. I've tried many things to test and not one of them can reproduce 100%. Clearly a firmware bug, but where exactly is hard to say.

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
dt808

so confused.

View post
I have found multiple times just by trying things out of annoyance that if two factor authentication sms codes are delayed that I will get it within seconds if I turn off wifi. Once it comes through I turn it back on.

dt808
Rising Star I
skylerwolfe

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/89011#Comment_89011

I have found multiple times just by trying things out of annoyance that if two factor authentication sms codes are delayed that I will get it within seconds if I turn off wifi. Once it comes through I turn it back on.

View post
whats weird is i had done the 2 factor auth from the same site just a few mins before and the text came through almost immediately with wifi on. then i logged out and tried to log back in and the text didn't come though until i turned off wifi. like it's playing with my emotions 😂😭

ljflevy
Star I
today, the only calls I can make with my US ZF6 are through messengers like facebook (via phone data & wifi)
Phone calls get stuck in dialling and die before I hear a ring tone.
SMS and MMS messages aren't sent, even when marked Urgent.
SMS reception is delayed by close to an hour.
Network provider is T-Mobile
@LP_ASUS