This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenfone max pro M2 update WW-17.2018.2004.424 (Bugs/fixed bugs)

Riju9547
Rising Star II
The bugs i found in last 12 hours.
The sound from the phone speaker is very bad. It decreased a lot. I cant hear my ringtone in the incoming call. and while watching YouTube i have to keep my volume at 100% to listen properly. And if I keep the volume at 70 or 60 % I cant hear anything properly the volume is too low. But the clarity increased. And the sound via headphone (wired/wireless) seems of for me and I personally think it was better than the previous beta update (409). The sound via earpiece is also OK(will prefer a little bit louder)
The Rounded corner in the bottom of the screen are gone.
There is a popup message in the Settings which says to customize your ZB630KL. Which you cannot remove.
Bugs got fixed
The UI is buttery smooth
The is no App crash issue
Battery backup is amazing
Gcam works perfectly( Version 7.0.009). The same version used to have saving and crash issue.
Low volume voice recording in whats app and in Discord call got fixed

20 REPLIES 20

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi Nav,
Is your phone ZB601KL or ZB630KL? 
Please provide your firmware version: Settings > About phone > Build number.
1) Battery: Draining fastly. Example: If we start using phone with internet it drains fast when compared to Android 9.
How long were you using the phone? Which app are you using?
Does any app drain more battery? 
We would suggest you clear the background apps, and check how much battery is consumed from 100% after using the app for a certain time (e.g. 30 mins or 1 hour.)
Please show me a screenshot of the battery usage after testing.
Settings > Battery > Three dots on top right > Battery usage.
2) Sound : No Bass no effect it's like a listening song inside a Well.
could you tell us does this appear on wired earphone/bluetooth headphones/phone's speaker? Does this appear with media/call/ring/alarm sound? If media, what app/app version are you using? Do you have a music link you can provide as an example? Could you describe in more details about the sound quality problem?
3) Battery Charging: Takes so much time to complete 100%.
We would like to understand whether you're using the ASUS original charger. We suggest that you try with new cables and check again. 
Please also note that "fast charging/charging rapidly" appears after a few minutes when you plug in your charger. Please make sure to check your lock screen after a few minutes.
Furthermore, there are some scenarios that may affect the fast charging status: 
A.   If the system is under high resource usage (high temp) or the battery level is over 85%, the device will trigger a protection mechanism, which lowers the charging current.
B.   Check if there is some object or stain in the charging port. We recommend to use a soft brush to clean the charging port.
C.      We recommend to test charging in safe mode. How to enter safe mode: https://www.asus.com/IN/support/FAQ/1005163
If in safe mode, the problem is not observed, the system performance may be affected by 3rd apps. We recommend to factory reset the system. 
If the charging status is still unstable in safe mode, we recommend to go to repair center for further checking. 
If the problem still appears, please tell us at which battery levels does fast charging not work.
That's it. Is there any native video calling option in Android 10?
Sorry, after checking with relevant teams, native video calling is not available on ZB601KL/ZB630KL. We suggest that you could use "Google Duo" or other third party apps to video call.

Riju9547
Rising Star II
Y_ASUS

Hi Nav,

Is your phone ZB601KL or ZB630KL? 

Please provide your firmware version: Settings > About phone > Build number.

1) Battery: Draining fastly. Example: If we start using phone with internet it drains fast when compared to Android 9.

How long were you using the phone? Which app are you using?

Does any app drain more battery? 

We would suggest you clear the background apps, and check how much battery is consumed from 100% after using the app for a certain time (e.g. 30 mins or 1 hour.)

Please show me a screenshot of the battery usage after testing.

Settings > Battery > Three dots on top right > Battery usage.

2) Sound : No Bass no effect it's like a listening song inside a Well.

could you tell us does this appear on wired earphone/bluetooth headphones/phone's speaker? Does this appear with media/call/ring/alarm sound? If media, what app/app version are you using? Do you have a music link you can provide as an example? Could you describe in more details about the sound quality problem?

3) Battery Charging: Takes so much time to complete 100%.

We would like to understand whether you're using the ASUS original charger. We suggest that you try with new cables and check again. 

Please also note that "fast charging/charging rapidly" appears after a few minutes when you plug in your charger. Please make sure to check your lock screen after a few minutes.

Furthermore, there are some scenarios that may affect the fast charging status: 

A.   If the system is under high resource usage (high temp) or the battery level is over 85%, the device will trigger a protection mechanism, which lowers the charging current.

B.   Check if there is some object or stain in the charging port. We recommend to use a soft brush to clean the charging port.

C.      We recommend to test charging in safe mode. How to enter safe mode: https://www.asus.com/IN/support/FAQ/1005163

If in safe mode, the problem is not observed, the system performance may be affected by 3rd apps. We recommend to factory reset the system. 

If the charging status is still unstable in safe mode, we recommend to go to repair center for further checking. 

If the problem still appears, please tell us at which battery levels does fast charging not work.

That's it. Is there any native video calling option in Android 10?

Sorry, after checking with relevant teams, native video calling is not available on ZB601KL/ZB630KL. We suggest that you could use "Google Duo" or other third party apps to video call.

View post
screenshot-20200603-181551.png
screenshot-20200603-181543.png
1.Battery backup is amazing in ZB630KL android 10(424). I think its better than all the updates in the past. I used my phone at 0-30% brightness for 9-10hrs and rest 5 hrs i used the phone in 50% -80% brightness... I used mobile data frequently but not constant. And in middle i charged my phone for 20-25mins. Thank you very much for this kind of battery backup.
2. Charging time is ok for me my phone charged in 3hrs from 19-100. Actually i dont know the extact timming but i put my phone in charge at 6:20pm then it was full charged at 9:14 when i checked.
@Nav
People suffering with less battery backup much do a full battery calibration(use the phone from 100%-0%, it will get switch off automatically then charge the device in switched off condition to 100% without using it then turn on the device and leave it for 10-15 min. Repeat this step one more time you will see battery improvement) . And for slow charging you must use different charger, change the cable, clean the charging port. For me charging rapidly shows all the time but after reaching 80-85% it shows only charging.

argilius
Star I
was hoping it will fix no bass in headphones issue. but no. not this time either. waiting for months and months. never-never-never-never-never asus phone again.

geovim
Star I
Hai Asus Team
Thank You for Android 10 update.I am an asus zen phone max pro M1 User before and I upgraded to zen phone max pro M2.
The update was amazing and phone was superb. I am facing a major problem from this update. The sound of ring tone was gone by 80%. and also media volume is gone. The ring volume is emergency. Please do a solution for this bug and give a update.
And also consider to add VoWifi if possible

Also we are expecting a zenphone max pro M3 ASAP

Thanks Regards
Georgi

andy1965
Star II
good night I have a Max pro M2 and after the update of android 10 some errors appear in the call, it is heard very far as if I had an additional 15% intentionality the battery runs out very quickly when you are on the internet for about 2 hours, It consumes the battery very quickly, the Audio from the microphone dropped to 50% pitifully, listening to a video is a disaster, facial recognition works, the fingerprint works, the improvements look good in terms of the camera, very poor I would like will release a new performance for android 10.