cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISPLAY BROKEN

vicky_cool179
Star II
Dear Team,
My mobile was on charge, Minutes later I take it out from the charger and tried to unlock the screen, it lights up for a second and then it goes black. Try to unlock again and it’s all black. Try to turn it off and I can feel vibration feedback. Upon closer inspection I discover cracks beneath the glass, the display cracked from the inside !
As i was using my phone regularly with no drops/ hits and i was also using a silicon cover too.
There is NO visible physical damage or impact point outside of the phone and both the glass protector and the actual outer glass of the phone had no cracks. I was extremely disappointed to see a crack on my new/ expensive smartphone.
Then i had contacted asus service representative for the same, they replied me due to ongoing lockdown in your city, service centers are not operating. Then on 1st June I contacted REGENERSIS which is a service center for asus products, so they asked me for the invoice copy and also the rog pictures of every side. After some time they called me and replied with the silly answer like inner display might be get damaged because of finger impression and placing the phone inside pant pocket and it will be covered under physical damage and you have to bear the cost and they denied to do under warranty.
I am EXTREMELY SHOCKED that the screen cracked from the inside and that I am being HELD LIABLE FOR AN ADDITIONAL ISSUE I DID NOT CAUSE.
From the many cases just like mine, it has become clear that ASUS has a defect in the ROG 2 screens same as ROG 1 screen.
Now asus, please help at this point and tell me what to do.
@Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS
attached pics fyr.

44 REPLIES 44

rjay
Star III
You need to dispute this with your bank. See my thread on their RMA service, I went through something very similar. DO NOT SEND IN THE PHONE FOR REPAIR, THEY WILL SAY ITS OUT OF WARRANTY AND THAT YOU CAUSED THE DAMAGE. THEY WILL SEND YOU A BILL TO PAY FOR THE REPAIR OR THEY WILL SEND YOU THE PHONE DISASSEMBLED (they won't put the phone back together if you don't pay).
Call you bank and make a claim on the charge, tell them the hardware is defective and based on what you've seen in the forums it is pointless to send it in. Tell your bank the money you get back from the claim will go back into ordering a new phone since ASUS refuses to give replacements.
I disputed this with my bank and got my money back, this was after I purchased the phone over 8 months ago. Unfortunately, I decided to go back to Samsung, because as much as I love the ROG 2 phone I can't support a cheat company. I may get the ROG 3 after a year, but I don't know.

rjay
Star III
You need to dispute this with your bank. See my thread on their RMA service, I went through something very similar. DO NOT SEND IN THE PHONE FOR REPAIR, THEY WILL SAY ITS OUT OF WARRANTY AND THAT YOU CAUSED THE DAMAGE. THEY WILL SEND YOU A BILL TO PAY FOR THE REPAIR OR THEY WILL SEND YOU THE PHONE DISASSEMBLED (they won't put the phone back together if you don't pay).
Call you bank and make a claim on the charge, tell them the hardware is defective and based on what you've seen in the forums it is pointless to send it in. Tell your bank the money you get back from the claim will go back into ordering a new phone since ASUS refuses to give replacements.
I disputed this with my bank and got my money back, this was after I purchased the phone over 8 months ago. Unfortunately, I decided to go back to Samsung, because as much as I love the ROG 2 phone I can't support a cheat company. I may get the ROG 3 after a year, but I don't know.

rjay
Star III

vicky_cool179
Star II
Gustav_ASUS

@vicky.cool179 Sorry to hear about your display. This is however something you will need to discuss with your local service center, as we can't make an assessment about what caused the damage from over here.

View post
Dear @Gustav_ASUS @Anders_ASUS ,
I have submitted my device to the service center on 13th JUN. Today i got reply from them with the quotation of Rs. 15571. Then I asked them the issue, they told me that display has been broken because this is a 6 inches mobile phone and when you put the mobile into your jeans pocket, at that time display tends to break. means what i cant keep my mobile into my pocket also. Buying a premium phone but you cant put it into your pocket. Great. Now what should I do @Anders_ASUS@Gustav_ASUS as my mob has no scratch and also no dent no bend nothing has happened to my mobile.
MY RMA NO. is SRASINMUM12006130004.
This is so sad to hear such funny reason after the inspection done by the technicians. Like seriously, what can you say on this that the screen cracked from the inside and that I am being HELD LIABLE FOR AN ADDITIONAL ISSUE I DID NOT CAUSE.

Not applicable
vicky.cool179

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/87618#Comment_87618

Dear @Gustav_ASUS @Anders_ASUS ,

I have submitted my device to the service center on 13th JUN. Today i got reply from them with the quotation of Rs. 15571. Then I asked them the issue, they told me that display has been broken because this is a 6 inches mobile phone and when you put the mobile into your jeans pocket, at that time display tends to break. means what i cant keep my mobile into my pocket also. Buying a premium phone but you cant put it into your pocket. Great. Now what should I do @Anders_ASUS@Gustav_ASUS as my mob has no scratch and also no dent no bend nothing has happened to my mobile.

MY RMA NO. is SRASINMUM12006130004.

This is so sad to hear such funny reason after the inspection done by the technicians. Like seriously, what can you say on this that the screen cracked from the inside and that I am being HELD LIABLE FOR AN ADDITIONAL ISSUE I DID NOT CAUSE.

View post
Shocking to hear this. Would you mind attaching a picture of the email you recieved with the reason stated by the technicians. Don't forget to blur any confidential information in the picture.