This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog phone 2 not receiving fota PLEASE HELP

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
Even after I manually downgraded to android 9 nothing popped up when I did update check. I have the ww_phone software running on my 12/512GB "republic of gamers" elite edition rog 2. I'm also aware that updates are released in waves but even 1 month after the latest update is released I still receive NOTHING ota. Is there anything I can do to remedy this problem myself?
18 REPLIES 18

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
haceshazel

hi,not have any ota update after downgrade to 9,hopefully @Anders_ASUS _ASUS will able my rog phone 2 in the fota list.tq u

View post
You won't receive any ota updates if your on Android 9. Have to manually upgrade to A10 to get back on the FOTA list. I actually just got a new update today. Asus has really been on it with the updates. I've gotten one every month since I've owned the rog 2. Great work guys!

LP_ASUS

After re-reading, it looks like you are on 2002.32. Check for the next update to see if your device picks it up since you are back on Android 10. If not, we can ping Anders and he should be able to add your device to the FOTA list.

View post
Hey i am dealing with the same problem can you please help me with it

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
You have to manually update to the last A9 before your able to manually update to 10. Personally I just just moved back to A09 because this last update was really buggy. Battery life is SOOO MUCH better with A09. I know everyone always complains about the battery life when a new version of Android hits but it's extremely noticeable

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
haceshazel

hi,not have any ota update after downgrade to 9,hopefully @Anders_ASUS _ASUS will able my rog phone 2 in the fota list.tq u

View post
I have a fota for A10 that popped up immediately after I downgraded to A09. Results may vary but I think if you were getting ota updates before you downgraded you'll still continue to receive them after.